Do you or do you not want me, mate. - Chapter Two

Copyright © 2011 All rights reserved

Chapter Two

Picture on the side is Serena (Model Gio Ott)

Travis only stood there and watched Serena run away from him in the pouring rain. He was frozen, not able to move a muscle, but in his mind, he wanted to go after her and do what she asked of him.

But, for some reason, he just couldn't make his legs to move a step forward and run after his mate. It was like an unknown force had a tight hold of his legs and as much as he wanted to move, he just couldn't do it at all.

He couldn't believe that what he had feared the most had came true. He thought that while he had Serena on a tight grip, she wouldn't leave. He did everything possible to make her stay, but he was wrong.

His selfishness made Serena slip out of his grasp.

He was so foolish... so damn foolish, it was surreal.

"I really screwed up this time," he muttered, very disappointed with himself. The rain had drenched his clothes and the weight of it made him feel as though he was carrying the burden of the world. Right now, he felt what Atlas went through when he carried the world on his shoulders - heavy and a complete strain.

It sucked.

At this point, the rain was torrential now. Each rain drop plopped heavily on the forest floor and it emitted an earthy stench that Travis welcomed in his nostrils. Each intake of its musky scent filled his lungs and when the faint smell of his mate's scent entered his nostrils, he stiffened.

Serena.

That brought him out of his funk.

Should he chase after her?

Would he be able to catch up with her?

With the rain, her scent would be washed away but...

Fucking hell! Why was he hesitating? Instead of wallowing in self-pity, he should be searching for his mate, not stand there doing nothing like a moron!

And then, there was his father and Carmela.

If by chance he could get Serena back in his arms, what would he do? Could he go up to his father's face and say piss off? And adding Carmela, could he shove her prissy ass all the way to Timbaktu?

Would he defy all odds all in the name of love and happiness?

He made a decision.

Screw Carmela.

And most of all, screw daddy dearest.

He wanted his mate back and he will promise her the world that he would claim her as his.

She was worth the trouble he was about to get into.

With renewed determination, Travis sprinted to the direction where Serena had took off. His feet pounded heavily as he seeked out his mate, and it worried him that the scent was growing fainter due to the rain. But that didn't deter him. He plowed like a bulldozer as he tore through the forest and with his Alpha blood running in his veins, his heightened senses were more advanced than those of a regular werewolf. Even if the scent was faint, he could still track that person no matter the distance.