Do you or do you not want me, mate. - Chapter One

Copyright © 2011 All rights reserved

Chapter One

A year ago...

All Serena could do was watch from a distance.

The longing, the extreme ache to be with him nearly killed her, like knives that had been stabbed repeatedly over and over again as she watched the only thing that owned her heart.

His tousled raven black hair that felt soft to her fingertips, his piercing sky blue eyes that made her weak in the knees, his muscular frame that she loved to explore with her hands and that smile, that god damn smile that could get him out of trouble...

He was a work of art, a fine masterpiece.

He was simply beautiful in Serena's eyes.

And he was hers, her mate, Travis.

But why would Serena be sad at the very sight of her mate?

As she watched Travis from her usual table in the school's cafeteria, she could see that he looked happy; he was laughing with his friends - the popular kids all boisterous without a care in the world - but when his lips curled up into that breath-taking smile, she frowned.

That smile wasn't directed at her. In fact, it was directed to the girl who was sitting on his lap who smiled back at him. Serena looked away.

Her little sister, Carmela and Travis' girlfriend.

Carmela was worlds apart from Serena, but in terms of beauty, they were up to par in their own right. Carmela was petite with wavy blond hair that fell below her shoulders in soft waves. She had doe eyed sapphire eyes and her features were angelic, but like any preconceived notions on people who look they couldn't hurt a fly, she was anything but angelic. Everyone had a second skin underneath the surface, and when you ripped it out, a person's true colors shines out.

And that was her bitchiness.

Sure, she was beautiful but her beauty was only skin deep that matched her awful personality - ugly as sin.

Her sensitive hearing caught a sickening giggle she didn't want to hear. Heightened senses had its disadvantages, but she was born with it, nor she didn't have much of a choice. The giggle lasted for a few seconds and she took a glance at the popular table again and saw her sister giving Travis chaste kisses.

'Why am I tormenting myself with this shit?' Serena thought angrily.

The sight of her skank of a sister repulsed her; she wanted to go there and rip her little sister's fucking head off, but she had to restrain herself from going on a killing spree.

She had to calm down, yet it was easier said than done.

Travis wanted to keep their relationship a secret, which she didn't understand. She had asked time and time again why they couldn't declare they were mates, but all he said was that...

He wasn't ready and couldn't break up with his girlfriend.

Lame, right?

But what could she do? He was next in line for the Alpha seat of the Crimson Moon pack and everybody thought that Carmela was his mate - the most popular girl in school.

It was sensible for everyone and for him. He had to keep up with appearances and his parents were freaking stuck-ups.

Serena was, after all, just a regular girl trying to blend in and could never be compared to her sister who'd top everything she does.