Plans, in the Making

14: Plans, in the Making

"Mom," Taemin sighed as his chin rested lightly on the familiar head of hair and his bony arms wrapped around her lithe frame.

"My son, look how you've grown! Before SHINee, you were just a mushroom-head," the two parted from their embrace as Taemin grinned at her truthful remark.

Back at the train station, Taemin had struggled to push away from the swaying crowd that had surrounded him. It didn't take anymore than a few seconds to find his mother's familiar face in the sea of irritated bussiness men and screaming fangirls.

After arriving home, he was able to observe her closer. His mother had a distinct face that made Taemin giggle at the image of her. Nothing had changed in the past few years. Her hair was that same oak-dyed brown and her skin remained soft and youthful though she was bordering 40. Black eyes peered at him with a familiar warmth he had been yearning for since his training days.

"I heard from your management that you have a few days off," Mrs. Lee moved into her kitchen, preparing a meal fit for a king and all his court (all for Taemin).

"Yeah, I was so excited once I heard the news," Taemin could remember the exact words Manager Hyung had said when breaking the news.

"As a reward from Management, for successful promotions, you guys get to go back home for a few days."

Jonghyun was the first to holler in exaltation (finally get to do some guy stuff; I was sort of getting tired of getting dragged to the mall). Key just smirked knowingly (I need to get my new shopping list). Minho and Onew grinned like idiots (This is a good chance to blow off some steam... I hope Dad didn't get fired from that chicken joint).

As the five boys began to blabber about what would be done and who they would be meeting up with, their Manager turned to leave.

"So Taemin-ah, what are you doing during break?" Onew, being the most considerate out of them all, had begun to question his group members on what they were excited for.

"Ah, I can't wait to see my family again!" Taemin spoke cheerily.

But honestly, Taemin was mainly looking forward to something else.

Getting answers.