Jealous Of JongKey

7: Jealous Of JongKey

Loud crashes and sounds you would (hopefully) only hear in an action movie echoed throughout the room.

“You jacka-”

“Why do y-”

“I can't belie-”

“You're such a gir-”

“Well I don-”

Punches and kicks, grunts and screams.

Yes, there was currently a fight occurring in the SHINee dorm.

“At least close the door!” Minho called out to the disputing pair, trying and failing to read his novel in the disturbing chaos.

“Shut u-” Jonghyun began.

“Yeh!” Key, the more respectful one, replied roughly as the door shut.

“Shouldn't we call Manager Hyung?” Taemin muttered casually as he sipped his banana milk across from Minho.

“What's the use? Every time he tries to get between them, he ends up just like Onew Hyung,” Minho replied, pointing at the unconscious body covered in band-aids that laid on the couch.

“Well that's true.”

Other than the muted screaming in the background, it was awkwardly quiet. Minho returned to his novel after sipping his iced tea.

“I don't even understand why they fight like this everyday,” Taemin shook his head.

“They could at least have the respect to ignore each other instead of hurting themselves,” Minho sighed.

And it seemed like something he'd said had gotten to the youngest SHINee member. “Hyung...”

“Mm,” he replied, fully immersed in his literature.

“Key told me what you said last week,” he blurted out nervously.

“Mm,” came the distracted reply.

“Are you ignoring me?” Taemin pouted.

“Mm.”

“... Do you dream about me?”

“Mm,” and Minho unknowingly confessed to one of his crimes.

“Hyung-nim!”

Alarmed, the older boy put down his book and stared at his dongsaeng, his heart beating at an uneven rhythm as their eyes met. “Wae?”

“You haven't listened to anything I've said!”

“Ah,” Minho scratched his head. “I'm sorry.”

Lately, he'd been acting distracted around Taemin as another excuse not to interact with him.

In response, the younger boy just looked away, drinking furiously from his glass.

Minho just sighed and escaped to the hallway to read in peace.

Taemin frowned at his Hyung's retreating back.

Finally calmed down, Jonghyun took a seat on his bed.

Having done the same, Key leaned against the wall and sniffled, the red around his eyes fading.

“Why do see her?” Jonghyun cried out in annoyance.

“Did I not tell you?” Key replied angrily. “Nicole is a friend of mine. I'm not aloud to have friends?”

Having lost all patience, Jonghyun jumped from his seat and pushed his dongsaeng roughly against the wall. “No you can't! Okay? You can't if it's not me!”

And with that, the elder of the two pulled the other in a tender hug. They stood there, embracing each other, for a few minutes as their breathing caught up with them.

“Why do you go to others when you have me?” Jonghyun's voice cracked as he spoke.

Kicked back into reality, Key pushed his Hyung off of him and wiped the light sheen of sweat from his forehead. “Because I do notice when you do the same.”

As he turned to leave, his wrist was caught in an iron grip. “What do you mean by that?” Jonghyun questioned, confused and angry.

And the usually vain but caring, playful yet sensitive Key, exploded on him. “I have eyes and ears! I see the way you look at Sekyung Noona!”

The silence was painful for the the mighty Kim Kibum as Jonghyun processed his lover's words.

And he unexpectedly laughed.

His laugh was hearty and expressed deep happiness.

“What?” Key whispered, embarrassed because of the sudden outburst.

“You've been ignoring me and spending more time with Nicole because of that?” Jonghyun managed to say through his bouts of laughter.

“So what? Why are you laughing?” Key still didn't comprehend.

“Oh, my Kim Kibummie,” and he pulled his younger into another tight hug, this one filled with joy and longing. “You don't understand me at all, do you?”

“...” Kibum couldn't talk because of the heat spreading across his face and the shyness in his heart.

So his Hyung chose to whisper the truth in his ear.

“I only say those things for the public.”

Outside the door, listening through the crack, Minho couldn't believe what he was hearing.

How could Jonghyun and Key, his most respected Hyungs, be gay? (Sorry Onew Hyung~)

Not that he had anything against it (he was obviously one as well,) but gay for each other?

At this rate, Onew had nobody! Minho inwardly sighed because he could tell that wasn't true. For all he knew, Taemin could be crushing on their Leader. That thought brought the pain of his unrequited love to the forefront.

Minho had to leave his crouched spot in the hallway, for sounds were coming from the two lovers' room. Sounds that Minho could only dream about himself making with Taemin.

As he turned around to check on Onew Hyung, he bumped into something.

He looked down to find a cross-armed Taemin. The two stood there in silence as Minho's heart raced.

“Hyung,” Taemin began.

“Ne?”

“W-we should talk,” he whispered nervously.

Minho considered it. Ignore his dongsaeng and receive coldness from his band, or converse with him and end up revealing himself with the possibility of contract termination? All of a sudden, Minho was jealous of JongKey, whose relationship was more discreet than his. Because they had mutual feelings.

But what was it that the Maknae Taemin had to speak to him about?

“Okay,” the second youngest had to submit to the dongsaeng's wishes.

Taemin walked past him and into their shared bedroom. Minho followed obediently.

The thing is, Minho didn't spot Taemin sliding right next to the door. And he wasn't expecting him to slam the door right behind his Hyung.

And most of all, Minho wasn't expecting Taemin to tackle him onto the bed, making their faces mere centimeters apart.