Kingdom Hearts Chapter 9

Donald and Goofy led me towards the center of town. We made small talk and they told me all about their world. That's when it finally dawned on me that their are other worlds! I was on one right now.

"Hey guys, do you mind if we make a quick stop?" Donald asked.

"Well gawrsh, I don't mind if Sora over here doesn't," Goofy said pointing to me.

"No, I don't mind! Lead the way Donald." I said with a smile. He led us towards this shop in the middle of town. The sign read, 'Items'. Well that's helpful. As we opened the door we were greeted by a cacophony of noise. As I looked, there were three ducklings. They were about the size of a ten year old child.

"Uncle Donald!" The ducklings screamed. Soon all three of them had grabbed Donald in one giant hug.

"Okay now boys, that's enough. I'd like to introduce to my new friend. Boys, this is Sora!" He said gesturing to me.

"Hi Sora!" The ducks said with joy.

"Sora, this is one in the red is Huey. The one in the blue is Dewey, and the one in the green is Louie," he said gesturing to each one. Each boy wore a t-shirt and matching ball cap.

"Hi guys," I said with a wave.

"Alright boys, you have anything for your dear old uncle?" Donald said to the group. Huey snaps his fingers and Dewey and Louie run to the back. After a moment of clattering, clanging, and squawking, the two appear holding three pouches, a shield for Goofy, and a staff for Donald.

"Here you go Uncle Donald! This is for you Goofy, and you each get a pouch of holding!" said Louie.

"Pouch of holding?" I had to ask, "Why call it that? Isn't it just an average pouch?"

"Not exactly," Louie says, "because this pouch is virtually limitless. I say that because it can only hold a few items now, but the more you fight and the stronger you get, the more items you can hold!"

"Boys," Goofy started to ask, "what's different about these new weapons?"

Louie just smiled.

"I'm glad you asked," Huey responded, "Goof, that new shield of yours is made of Mythril, so it's lighter than your normal one. It's also bigger so you can block more and have a larger surface area to attack with. Donald's staff heightens his magical prowess. The star tip not only helps refine accuracy, but if he needs to get up close and personal, he's gonna be just fine."

The boys looked proud of themselves, and Donald looked proud of them. They saw us out of the store and back to the middle of town.

"Now Sora, are you ready to travel to other worlds? Because that's what we're going to need to do to find the king," Donald said.

Memories of Riku and Kairi swarmed my mind as I thought about seeing new worlds. That's what we wanted to. This is everything I have ever wanted and it was on the horizon. I had this feeling of excitement in my chest and here was this duck asking me if I was ready.

"I mean, I guess so."