Seize

In the real world, statistically speaking, men are not big cuddlers. Jared used to be one of them; when he used to bed random women, he would up and leave as soon as he got his breath back. But with Ondine, he couldn't get enough of just holding her. He loved that she traced random patterns on his skin with her fingertips, barely touching him, if he didn't see her doing so, he wouldn't even know she was. And right now, that's exactly what she was doing. He in turn raked his fingers through her hair. His fingertip grazed her cheek and felt wetness there. He pulled away so he can see her face. He scrunched up his eyebrows at what he saw.

"Babe? Are you okay?"

"No..."

"What's wrong?"

"I don't want you to leave," Ondine's voice quivered.

"Aww, my baby," he wiped the tears from her eyes. "And it was only months ago that you couldn't wait to get out of my bed after sleeping together," he teased her to ease her sadness.

"It's all your fault! Why did you have to go and become the sweetest man I know?" she leaned her head on his chest.

"Because you are the sweetest woman I know. You've rubbed off on me."

"Jay, seriously...I don't want you to leave me. I've gotten used to your presence."

"I want to stay here, too, more than you know. But we're doing a mini East Coast tour a couple days after I get home."

"I know. I understand the demands of your work and all of that, but you've brought a little piece of home with you here to me. I just miss home. I miss New York. I miss LA."

"Three more months, and you'll be back home. Hopefully home will be LA?"

"Well I've got another reason to pick LA over New York now," she grinned at him.

"Hmmm," he grinned back at her. "Me?"

"I didn't want to name names, but..."

"Come on, babe...say it. Please? Name me," he looked up at her hopefully.

"Jay, I don't like groupies," she changed the subject.

Jared let out a hearty laugh. He remembered how they first got together. He had to thank that groupie for assisting in hooking him and his love up in the first place by spilling Ondine's drink on her dress that evening. There had been a strong attraction and a strong unresolved sexual tension between them from that first official meeting and things only escalated at a rapid pace.

"I'm serious, Jay. I don't like groupies," she said seriously. "I'm not a jealous person, but I swear, babe, if I see one photograph of you with some skank in a tight red dress, we are over."

"Not jealous, huh?" he chuckled.

"Oh, you're just enjoying this too much, are you?" she pinched his side.

"Ouch, babe!" he laughed as he held his side.

"Fine, enjoy your groupies as you traipse around the East Coast. I don't care. But this is the last time you'll see me," she huffed at her boyfriend.

"I'm just kidding, Ames. I love you," he reached for her and kissed her on the lips. "I don't like groupies, either. Not anymore."

"Good."

"I already have everything I want in my arms."

"Smooth," she said to him.

"Now come here. I don't want to spend our last day together fighting," he gathered her back in his arms.