Chapter One

Now that she looks back on it, Lucy doesn't regret picking up the little baby. Not one bit.

In fact, she was glad that unknown woman placed the sweet baby boy on her doorstep. She hadn't known at the time, well, known what was going to happen if she took the child in.

Lucy sighed happily as she drummed her fingers against the table as she thought back on what happened.

•••••

It started on a late night. She had just gotten home from a long mission with Natsu and Happy and was looking forward to sleeping in her bed.

She groaned as someone knocked on her door.

"Coming." She called as she slipped a pink tank top on. She walked to her door, just to be greeted by darkness.

"Uh..." She looked around and shivered as the wind blew on her bare skin. She turned around and began to close the door when she heard a small cry.

It was so small it could almost go unnoticed until it started to get louder.

What on earth is crying?

She turned to face outside once more and looked down. There, lying on her doorstep, was a small child wrapped in a blanket.

"What?! I've only seen stuff like this happen in books!" She stared down with wide eyes at the crying baby.

"Um, hello?" She started to yell down the street, looking both ways. Not even one person was there. Lucy sighed as she looked back down at the teary eyed baby who looked up at her expectantly.

"Guess I should probably take you inside." She bent down and picked the baby up and cradled it to her chest. "Uh, there there little girl." She bounced a steady rhythm as she held the baby.

The baby's cries grew even louder, if that was even possible.

"Um, are you hungry?" She had no idea what to do. She'd never had to deal with a child before, let alone a crying baby.

And then she got a whiff of what was coming out of the diaper said baby was wearing.

"Oh god..." Lucy whined as she pinched her nose, holding the small child in one arm. "I really don't wanna change you..."

The baby's cries rang through out the room while Lucy decided to change the diaper.

"Okay, here we go." She complained as she set the squirming baby on her wooden table. She winced as she saw the waste in the diaper and the baby's genitals.

"Well, I guess I can't call you little girl anymore, can I?" She giggled at her own little joke and saw the little boy give a bubbly laugh with her.

"That was so cute!" She gushed before remembering her job. "That's right. I need to finish this."

Her grin was replaced with a look of disgust as she cleaned the little baby.

"Now what do I use as a diaper?" She wondered aloud as she walked around her home. She sighed as she noticed a thick piece of black cloth lying on the table a few feet away. "That'll do."

She grabbed that and a safety pin and began to make a makeshift diaper on the baby.

"Now that that's done." She lifted the little boy and held her in her arms again. "If you're gonna be with me, I guess you need to have a name." He stared at Lucy with chocolatey brown eyes as if he were waiting for her answer.

"Um... Aki? Since it's fall?" Lucy could have sworn she saw the baby shake his head. "Yeah, I don't like it either." She tapped her chin as she thought.