Part 1/13

Title: Accidentally in Love

Author: Steph aka CaptainSwanLuver

Rating: PG

Pairing: Killian/Emma

Characters: Killian, Emma, Belle, David, Mary Margaret, Robin

Category: Romance/Humor/Drama

Spoilers: Nope!

Summary: Emma Swan needs to be married by 30 in order to receive the money from her trust fund and save her failing business. Killian Jones is the thief who just tried to rob her store. The two strike a deal: Killian will pretend to marry Emma and she won't send him to jail.

Note: So I know the whole fake relationship thing is a popular one among the Captain Swan fanfiction community, but I just couldn't resist putting my spin on it. However, I wanted to keep a touch of the Captain Swan we all fell in love with, so every scene in the story will start with a quote from the show that has meaning to them and relates to what is occurring in the story. Hope you enjoy it! -Steph

...Accidentally in Love: Part 1/11...

~Pick a partner who knows what he's doing.~

Emma Swan sighed heavily, as she threw the stack of bills down on the counter. She looked over at her best friend and business partner, Belle.

"If we don't come up with some money soon, we'll have no choice but to close."

Belle was perpetually optimistic, but even she had to agree that the situation was dire. They had opened their bookstore café, 'Once Upon a Time', five years ago and had struggled to keep it open ever since.

Belle shook her head. "I've already asked all of my friends and family for money. What about another loan?"

Emma groaned. "The loan officer at the bank doesn't even take my calls anymore and he hides every time I go there."

"There has to be something we can do." Belle chewed on her lip worriedly. "What about your parents, Emma? They're so wealthy and I know they would-..."

Emma held up a hand to halt her. "You know how I feel about asking my parents for money. I swore when I went out on my own and opened this business that I would never ask them for money. I wanted to do this on my own and not rely on the money my family has made from our oil business."

Belle's face fell, but then her eyes quickly lit up. "Wait. Aren't you due to get the trust fund your grandmother set up for you when you turn 30?"

Emma shrugged. "Yeah. So?"

Belle's eyes widened. "So? You turn 30 in a month, Emma. We can use the money to save our business."

Emma shook her head. "Apparently, you have forgotten the terms of the trust fund. I have to be married by 30 or the contents of the trust fund reverts to her beloved Chihuahua, Dot." Emma rolled her eyes and held up her left hand, wiggling her naked ring finger. "And, in case you haven't noticed, I'm not married. I'm not engaged. I'm not even dating anyone."

Belle groaned and then chuckled. "Too bad you can't just pretend to be married to get the money from your trust fund."

They both laughed, but their laughs slowly subsided as they exchanged a look.

Emma smiled. "Wait a minute. Why can't I? I know it's crazy, but it's our only option."

"Do you really think your parents would believe it?"

Emma nodded. "I'll them I've been dating a guy for a while, but that it's long distance and I wanted to wait to tell them until I knew it was serious. I tell them he proposed, I accepted, and we'll throw a quick fake wedding to really sell it. My parents might be a little suspicious at the timing of it, but they'll just be happy that their commitment-phobic daughter is getting married. "