Part 13/13

~I never thought I'd be capable of letting go of my first love. To believe that I could find someone else. That is, until I met you.~

One year to the day they had pretended to marry, Emma and Killian would pledge their lives to each other for real this time.

Belle found herself standing outside the bathroom door again, knocking.

"Emma."

Killian came to stand beside her. "This is déjà vu. Is she okay?"

Belle nodded. "I think so, she's just taking forever to get ready."

Killian knocked on the door. "Love, it's me. Can I come in?"

Emma's voice emerged panicked. "No!"

He sighed and turned the doorknob, surprised to find it unlocked. He opened the door and heard her shriek. Once inside, he closed the door behind him, his eyes scanning the large bathroom, but not finding her.

"Emma?"

"Over here," she said.

Killian's brow furrowed for a moment before he realized her voice was coming from behind the shower curtain. He came to stand in front of it.

"What are you doing?"

"You can't see me in my dress before the wedding, Killian."

He rolled his eyes. "Not this again."

"Yes, this again. You saw me before our fake wedding and look at all the bad luck that followed. We almost lost each other."

Killian sighed heavily. "Emma, this is ridiculous."

"You said you would indulge me if this were for real and now it is. I don't want to tempt fate."

Killian swept the curtain aside, as her mouth dropped open. "Killian!"

He got into the bathtub with her.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

He took her hands in his. "I need you to listen to me."

"Okay," she said softly.

He began, his voice tightening with emotion. "We don't need luck, Emma. And fate is on our side. Fate is the reason I walked into your store when you needed me to. Fate is the reason we are together and nothing is going to change that."

Emma took a deep breath. "Okay, you're right."

His eyes scanned her, his lips curling into a smile at the beautiful sight she presented. His brow furrowed though when he recognized the dress.

"Wait, is this the same dress?"

Emma nodded with a smile. "Yes, it was the one. I knew it then and I wanted to marry you for real in it this time."

Killian laughed softly.

"What?' she asked.

"Don't you see, love? You were hiding from me for no reason. I've already seen you in this dress."

Emma shrugged, with a chuckle. "Oh, that's true. But it's for real this time, so the first time didn't count."

He bobbed his head. "Okay." He paused and then asked. "Are you ready to become Mrs. Jones?"

Emma shook her head. "No."

Killian's eyes widened and his heart froze in his chest for a moment. "What?"

She smiled. "I'm ready to become Mrs. Swan-Jones."

Killian breathed a sigh of relief and then kissed her forehead. "I can hardly wait."