Chapter 21- Kyle

Chapter 21- Kyle

 After my short speech, I looked at the shocked faces of everyone, including Felicia's dad, who was grilling hamburgers at the moment, and ran back into the house. Kate was downstairs and had just put down her phone. I looked back and saw that the whole group outside had followed me. They were all looking at the floor, which was filled with water. I led them all upstairs, even though there was still water running down the stairs, and as soon as they say Adam lying on the ground, everyone gasped.

As Kate walked upstairs, she used hand motions to tell everyone that she texted the police, who promised to bring an ambulance for Adam and a plumber to fix the running water as soon as possible. Coincidentally, as soon as she acted this out, we heard the sound of police sirens.

Felicia's dad carefully made his way downstairs to meet the police. The rest of us evacuated into the backyard again. Nobody said anything. Earl picked a hamburger.

The doctors ran into the house and up the stairs. It took them less than 10 seconds to announce that Adam was dead. Yes dead. Dead as in no heartbeat, pulse, or brain activity. Like Katerina, dead.

After talking with the police, Felicia's dad told everyone that a trip to the police station would have to be made and that he would email all of our parents right now.

Sam, Felicia, Earl and I went into one police car, while Amanda, Jamoko, Earl, and Jonelis went with another. Daniela, Kate, and Felicia's dad rode in the third one. The drive to the police station was driven in silence. No one dared to speak or to start a conversation.

When we arrived at the building, Kate and I were escorted down one hallway while everyone else went down another. In the hallway, Kate and I were moved into separate rooms and were told that we would be questioned and held as the prime witnesses.

I took a deep breath and walked into the room. The questioning room was a small one. There was only one table in the center of the room with two chairs on the sides of it. A police officer sat in one of them and gestured for me to sit down. On the table, in front of me, was a bottle of water.

"Describe the events leading to us coming. Starting from the beginning of the party," said the police officer.

I tried my best to recall everything and said, "At the beginning of the party, we played hide and go seek. A girl name Amanda and I fell into a secret passage leading from the first floor to the second floor, so we came out last. After that, we went out to the playground in the backyard, which was right after Adam said he needed to go to the bathroom. About 15 minutes after he left, Kate and I went up to check on him. There was water running from under the door when I banged on it, but I still decided to open it. After that, Kate and I saw Adam's body and ran downstairs to tell the others and to call the police. That's everything."

"Please describe the secret passage way and how you found it in detail," he said.

It went on like that, back and forth, back and forth. After about another 30 minutes of questioning, the police guided me out of the room and into another room that was sort of like a waiting room. Everyone was in there except for Kate and Sam. I sat down between Amanda and Earl, though because there were police in the room, I couldn't say anything to any of them.

Not long after, Sam and Kate also came into the room. Once everyone was here, a police officer told us the news. Adam was murdered, though fingerprints from the house were still being analyzed and being matched to people.

The next thing shocked everyone. The police officer told us that we would be staying here tonight under custody. They didn't give any reason and no matter how much we asked, they refused to give us any more information. I wanted to complain, but restrained myself from speaking out. Looking at my watch, it was 6:30. I was starving.

"When's dinner then?" Jamoko asked.