Prologue

The familiar voice in my head and surroundings were too much for me to bear with. With every word spoken by that menacing voice, a part of me quivered in fear as the voice penetrated my ears like claws on a chalkboard.

"Leave!"

Make me.

"Stay away!"

You can't hurt me. You can't stop me. I'm not going anywhere.

I charged at the Black Dahlia, using my super speed and strength to tackle her to the ground. I grabbed one of the Sai daggers from its holster on my thigh, and raised it, about to strike. A new problem presented itself. Black Dahlia was gone. Out of my sight.

"Leave her out of this!" No. Not Robin. Stay away from Robin!!!

I sprinted towards his voice and spotted her, watching with horrified eyes as she elegantly snapped his neck with the note of my presence. Robin's lifeless, broken body hit the ground with a thud, filling the air with a deafening silence.

My scream never had the opportunity to escape my lips, not even when the Black Dahlia charged at me, and snatched the Sai out of my hand. I felt nothing but my chest explode as my own weapon sliced through me effortlessly. The pain couldn't surpass what I had just seen... Robin's dead.

"NO!!!!!!"

The bottled scream made its way out as I was free falling towards my doom. I was numb. My chest didn't hurt. Nothing hurt. This is the end.

Sudden pain registered in my body. Aren't I dead? The dead feel no pain. Maybe I'm in some sort of limbo...

My eyes opened to the ceiling of my bedroom. My bed was a few feet above me. Wait, I'm not dead, I just fell off my bed. 

Attempting to shake it off, I dragged my feet to the bathroom in the hallway, hoping I could wake myself up.

Today was going to be a great day. My smile is nearly intact, and everyone I care about is doing just fine.

All is well, right?

Right.

All was well until I saw my reflection in the mirror.

My eyes were bloodshot to the point where they weren't even red. Pools of black filled my eyes. Subtle black veins appeared underneath the skin of my under eyes. 

The scream I held in my nightmare came out at last as I grew terrified of my own face. I thought I woke up from the nightmare. It appears I'm not asleep.