Chapter 8

- ACACIAS POV -

Oh god. Oh god, oh god. What do I do? She's not moving. Her eyes are closed and I can't tell if she's breathing or not.

Shit. 

"Oi kid! Call 911!" 

Is that man talking to me? 

He must be. 

I quickly grab my phone and diall 911.

"911, whats your emergency?" "M-my friend was hit by a car and she isn't moving. Please help" "Don't worry m'am we're on our way"

I hang up and turn to the man, now that I look at him, he's pretty attractive. He's muscular, with dirty blond hair and gorgeous blue eyes. I bet Lindsay will love him. She's lucky he's here to take care of her. 

"Heellloo!? Kid!?"

"Huh," I snap out of my thoughts, "Oh yeah right sorry, they said that they'll be on their way."

"Good, I'm Jonathan by the way," he smiles and sticks out a hand, I shake it, "Acacia" I say with a smile. "Its nice to meet you gorgeous."

"You too hottie" I grin

Jonathan was about to ask me something but he was interrupted by a loud annoying siren. 

An ambulance stops right next to Jonathan's volvo and the doctors rush out to aid Lindsay. At this point, I come back to earth and realise whats going on.

Lindsay tried to die for me.

She tried to take my place.

My eyes start to water, I try to blink back the tears but its just not working. The tears fall down my cheek, ruining my make up even more. Jonathan turns to me and hugs me, trying to comfort me. "Hey, she'll be okay. Your friend will be okay," "No! Lindsay won't be okay. If she dies... it'll be my fault. If she dies... I lose my only friend... and most importantly, if she dies, I just won't lose a friend, I'll lose a sister." Jonathan sighs and rubs my shoulder.

"I  know what its like. I lost my best friend from a car accident as well. Today was my first day back on the road since that day. I still blame myself. It was all my fault. I was going to kill myself and then my friend pushed me out of the way, he got hit by a truck and it dragged him for MILES. The driver didn't realise until he finally saw me running after him in the review mirror." 

"Thats horrible... I'm sorry for your loss. When did this happen?" "Last year, we were only 16. He would have been 17 today."

He sighs and wipes his eyes. "Excuse me for a minute," Jonathan lets go of me and goes to his car looking for somehting. 

I look at the doctors hovering over Lindsay, they're giving her oxygen.

I guess that means she's not breathing right? 

Please god. Please.

Have my best friend be alright.

- LINDSAYS POV -

It's so dark.

It's so cold.

Whats happening? 

Am I dead? 

Oh my god no. I can't be dead, I'm only 17. Oh my dear god. 

But if I was going to die, wouldn't my life flash before my eyes? Don't tell me thats some bogus lie to make us excited for death.

Fucking hell. 

I really hate the media sometimes.

Wait why am I worrying about this when I should be worrying that I might be DEAD.

Way to go Lindsay. You just basically killed yourself to save a friend. 

At least I'll be a heroic friend. 

Right?

I don't even know anymore. To be honest, I should have let her die. She's miserable in this life time. It probably would have been the right answer.

NO. What am I saying?

Suicide is NEVER the answer!

Whats this?

I'm suddenly seeing the light again, I'm becoming warm again, I feel like breathing again.

Am I alive??

I open my eyes and gasp for air.

Hallelujah.

"LINDSAY!" 

I turn my head to my right and see Acacia running over to where my body is lying. 

"Lindsay, I'm so glad you're okay. I don't know what I would have done without you!"

"You're a lucky one Acacia, you got to save your best friend"

Wait, who was that? I look up to see a tall, handsome dirty blonde with the deepest blue eyes I have ever seen.

"Woah you're hot dude" I said.

He chuckled and Acacia giggled.

"Nice first words Lindsay," said Acacia sarcastically, "his name is Jonathan, Jonathan this is Lindsay." 

"Nice to officially meet you Lindsay," he grins. 'You too," I say.

Wow. He's gorgeous.

I think I might be in love with him.