Chapter Five

I woke up and looked around for a clock, 2:21. Holy crap, I've been out for awhile. I look around and I find myself in the nurse's office. I look across the room and find Regie sitting there with his leg moving vigorously up and down.

"Oh my god Regie." I say softly.

"Hey Gray." He says with a raspy voice. "You okay?"

"I feel fine."

"Your cut from yesterday opened back up and you have a bump on your forehead from hitting the ground. Other than that, oh, besides your nose, it's all scratched up from the twigs on the ground." I felt around my face gingerly, flinching at the light touch of my fingertips from the cuts on my nose.

"Are you okay?" I ask as I feel around his face but only for him to stop me with his hands.

"Can you believe that we've been hurt two days in a row?" He asks avoiding my question as he sits next to me, our hands intertwined.

"Do you think that the universe is telling us to break the hell up?"

"If it is, I'm not going to listen. It's only technically our official first day being together as a couple." He jokes. I laugh a little and then the nurse walks in.

"All bet... Never mind, you don't seem to be all better. Well, at least you're awake." She laughs before continuing. "Do you want to go to class, stay here for the rest of the day or just head home and rest?"

We look at each other and we answer in unison, "Go home."

"Alright, let me write you a slip and then you can be on your way." She smiles. As we tried to leave, the principal stopped us and beckoned us into his office.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asks us politely as she straightens everything on her desk.

"Home?" I respond with raised eyebrows.

"Why is that? You two were involved in a fight that started with what was it... threats?"

"Where did you hear that?" Regie asks.

"Drusus." That's why. "He said that you said you were going to kill him. Is this true Mr. Thompson?"
"Yes..."

"Well then, I could expel both of you. But I won't."

"To be fair Mr. Finley, he was touching me and kissing me when I told him very politely not too. Regie told him to stay off me by saying, 'if you so much as touch her, I will kill you, so back away.' Regie was trying to be calm about it but then Drusus set him off and Drusus had made first the move. After all."

"Hmm..." He thinks.

"Fine, you'll have detention for the next two weeks..." He says as he scrolls through the computer. "Oh, you already do, perfect. Now you will also have to work in either the library or the cafeteria for the next month, before, during breaks, and after school after the detention ends." He smiles. Then the smile quickly fades.

"What?" I ask, slightly concerned.

"Mmm...Just looking at the news. Weird stuff. Adult stuff you shouldn't be concerned about."

"Okay..."

"Well can we go to detention now?" I say, gesturing to the clock. "It's 3:05."

"Yes, yes. Be off children. I don't want to see either of you in my office again..."

We walked silently to Ms. Belle's class who is our school's counselor. She doesn't have a life so she sits with us 'troubled children'.

"Welcome Ms. Lavine and Mr. Thompson." Ms. Belle greets.