Chapter Two

I don't pay attention through class, no surprise there. I start drifting away and when I wake back up, I find myself staring Regie. I shouldn't be but I can't help it. Towards the end of class I could feel Charlie poking at my shoulder.

"Psst." Charlie whispers in my ear very loudly.

"What?" I ask annoyed.

"Why are you staring at Regie?" She asks grinning.

"I was daydreaming and I guess my head fell to that position because otherwise my face would be right in the sun."

"No, you like him."

I was gonna act like a little a jerk and answer. "No, you're stupid to think that, Charlie. And I would never like him because of what that jerk did to you. Don't you still like him?"

"No, I got over him forever ago, I was just teasing you. I like it when you get all mad, it's funny. You can sometimes see this vein popping out on the side of your neck." She laughs and I just roll my eyes. When class ended, I tried to rush out of there to escape Mr. Vilmar and Regie.

"Going somewhere babe?" Regie asks as he grabs my arm to stop me.

"Yep, I've got school. And stop with the nicknames." I instruct. What a loser.

"Naw, I like them, there are so many that fit you. Gray sounds like a last name first of all and I don't like calling people by their last name. And Lavine doesn't fit you."

"My names don't fit me?"

"Nope. They don't. Your name should be exotic." He says as he spreads his hands in the air like he is imaging it.

"Exotic? Do you know anyone with the name Gray at this school?" I ask, my arms crossed.

"No but nicknames fit you better." He stated again.

"Okay, I'll give you a nickname. How about Scumbag? Does that work?"

"No! I've given you nice complementing nicknames and you're going to call me a Scumbag?" He objects, voice sounding hurt.

"Yeah, it fits your personality perfectly." I laugh and try to walk away.

"Oh yeah babe! I've got plenty I could call you!" He shouts them out but I'm already gone but I could guess what they are. I arrived in my seat 10 seconds before the bell rang. In this class I sit next to Anorexia. Yep, her name is the condition about low body weight. She fits her name exactly. Her name was originally Amber but when her dad found out her condition, they legally changed her name. She gets picked on a lot, I feel bad...sometimes.

"Hey." I say waving my hand halfly in the air.

"Hi." She smiles. I can tell she enjoys the conversations we have because no one will actually talk to her besides her younger brother Trey. She is actually very pretty. She is thin, well because of the situation, she has brown hair and grey eyes and has freckles around her nose. She normally wears dresses so then people won't notice her thinness. She says she'd prefer to be fat then skinny, I tell her otherwise but she doesn't care. When she smiled I noticed something different.

"Hey, you got braces." I smile. I remember when I had braces, 2nd grade to 4th grade. It sucked but now my teeth are basically perfect.

"Ya." She responds shyly.

"Don't be shy about it. You look fine."

"Thank you." She says looking down, letting her brown hair fall, covering her face.

"Something you need to say Ms. Lavine?" Mrs. Bryony asks me.

Twice in a day. Two periods in a row.