Chapter Four

Why did he have to be here? Why did my dad have to marry him? He's an ass, but aren't all people like that nowadays?

"Who's this Gray?" He asks more calmly.

"I'm Regie." Regie says as he tries to wave as he props himself up on his elbows.

"Okay?" My step-dad responds.

"Who are you? Is this your brother or something Gray?" Regie asks confused.

"I'm her dad." I cough as if I was saying like 'think again. "What?"

"You're not my dad Scott. That isn't even possible to have two biologically-related dads. Don't call me your daughter because I'm not, I'm your spouse's daughter. Remember that." I say coldly.

"I don't care I married your dad and now we're a family, deal with it."
"Can't and won't."

"What was happening in here before I came in, did I save your virginities?"

"The hell Scott?! No! I'm smart, do you think that I would actually lose my virginity in high school?" I waited for his response but there wasn't one. "Oh, that is harsh Scott. I don't say anything about you and my dad when who-knows-what happens in that room. It's a little disturbing to think of what could happen with two guys who are horny." A shiver ran up my spine and I could swear I threw up a little in my mouth.

"What?" Scott says before he leaves not knowing what else todo. I could see Regie laughing a little from the corner of my eye. I get up and close the door before I jump back on the bed.

"I never knew you had gay parents." Regie laughs.

"Shut up. I thought my dad was straight but when my mom died, he married a guy, surprised everyone there."

"Yeah. Never would've guessed it." I decided not to wait this time. I leaned in and apparently Regie had the same idea because he covered the rest of the distance. This time we were just leaning against the frame and kissing each other softly.

"Dinner's ready!" My dad announces from the kitchen. Regie and I walk downstairs with our arms intertwined. We chat and eat and the whole time Regie's hand is in my hand. I bet my dad and Scott recognize this but don't say anything. I don't do anything too rebellious and have fairly good grades, so they don't question me.

"So why didn't you tell us that you have a boyfriend?" Scott questions.

"I don't know and that's the exact answer I responded to my dad." I reply, emphasising dad.

"Why don't you like me?"

"I don't like anyone who replaced my mom or tried to. They will never be my mom, so why try? I was fine with the women because they actually get what I'm going through to a certain extent but another guy? No way, I lost it. I would never in a million years think my dad was gay. I like guys when they date girls not guys. I'm fine with the whole LGBT thing, but not when my dad turned out to be the 'G'." I explain.

"Fair enough." Scott and dad say in unison.

"I mean you two don't even seem like you're gay! You seem like you are two very straight men, anyone who takes a first glance at you would think that. Oh no, wait till they come over at night, it's a whole other story." I joke.

"Your mother told me to be happy and that's what I did, I'm happy with Scott." He says before he leans over to kiss Scott right on the lips, making me cringe a little. "As your mother and I got further and further into the relationship, I started to fall in love with Scott."

"Is that why she died? She found out you were gay?" I say, choosing my words carefully.

"NO!" Scott interjects. "She died because of drinking under the influence you idiot!"