Chapter Six: Nathan

I placed my arm around his back, propping him up and allowing him to use me as support.

“Alex, it’s okay! I’m here for you. Here, take these.” I reached my hand under the bed and searched around for the box of tissues. I clutched it’s side and pulled it out, handing him five to start off with. I clenched my hand and pointed my palm towards the trash can by the lamp, the wastebasket skidded across to the floor as I mentally dragged it across the carpet.

He looked so helpless, like a lost puppy in a hail storm in January. You just couldn’t stand not to help him.

“Thanks,” Alex grinned at me, blowing his nose into the tissues and tossing it in the can in front of him. “I can always count on you.”

Giving me a hug, Alex finally recovered his strength. To witness his eyes change from sky blue to blood red was absolutely a once in a lifetime chance for anyone to see. Just spectacular!

I grinned at him in response. How couldn’t I love him, he was just so perfect!

“Would you feel better if I had you go upstairs for a while, you know, while I contact my family?” I suggested, cocking my head to the right, smirking.

“Sure,” he answered, standing up and strolling towards the door.

So, I sat back down at my computer and clicked on my file while Alex went out the door.

At the same time the bedroom door closed, a loud scream of distress arose from my speakers while the computer monitor flickered once.

“No!” a agonized voice groaned. “Why, why!”

Suddenly, up came my brother on the screen. His green eyes wide with terror while he was as close to the screen as he could possibly get. My hunch was, he was in the middle of a video game.

It took my brother a while to realize what had happened, just sitting there, his anxious eyes bouncing across the screen.

 He slowly backed away from the screen. “Uranian?” he wondered.

“Yes, that’s me, put mom on the line.”

“Sorry.” he responded.

I sat there waiting for an explanation, but I finally realized about after a minute, he wasn’t going to give me one.

“What do you mean by sorry?” I ordered.

“She’s busy.” he replied, glaring at me in discuss. This, of course, was a normal response from him.

Suddenly, the door to the bedroom flung opened. I spun quickly around in my chair to face the door. What the hell was that? was my first thought.

“Are you alright?” Alex ran into the room. He ran over to me, worried. “I heard you scream.”

“Alex, the web cam is on,” I mumbled to him under my breath, pointing to the monitor. “Also, you’re a little late. The scream occurred a few minutes ago. And by the way, I didn‘t scream.”

He glanced at the monitor. “Crap!”

“Ohhhh! Who’s that?” my brother teased. By the look on his face, I knew my brother was about to make a visit to Earth to get a closer look. “I think I know! Hehehehehehe!” He laughed an evil laugh that only my little brother could perfect.

“CRAP!” Alex yelled again, this time, it looked as if he was about to sprint out of the country. I grabbed his arm, smirking, trying to hold him back. I loved when my brother ran, and Alex wasn’t about to leave at the good part of my normal life at home. Or should I say, abnormal.