Chapter 3

Ashton Phoenix

Ashton Phoenix

I grab my books from my locker and start walking to my next class. A little brunette petite girl skitters across my peripheral vision. I quickly turn to see her dissipate into the crowd.

I squeeze my way through people losing and regaining her whereabouts in the crowd, my height being an advantage. It gets to a point where I completely lose her in the crowd. I groan and turn around heading back to my class. Walking into my class, I see Ethan. He takes his feet off of the desk next to him that he was saving for me. The teacher still hasn't arrived at the classroom.

"Hey man." Ethan grunts. I don't respond slamming down my books on the desk.

"Do you know this like brunette girl? Small about 5'1, green-eyed, long brown hair, glasses. He frowns and turns his head no.

"There are a lot of girls that fit that description." He's right. There's no other way to honestly describe her, I didn't really get a really good look at her entire body.

The end of the day comes around and Ethan, Taylor and I sit in their car waiting for football practice to come around. We usually just wait for an hour since the practice starts an hour after school now.

Ethan and Taylor are mindlessly bickering about snacks as I watch the last people to exit the school, get into their cars and drive away. Suddenly the girl from the office comes out of the front entrance of the school with a garbage bag.

I reach out and punch Ethan in the arm to catch his attention. "That's her." I obnoxiously point at her forgetting the fact that it's rude to point.

Ethan and Taylor stop talking and turn to look at the girl. "What about her?" Taylor asks rolling his eyes after looking away from her. "I've seen hotter." I roll my eyes at his dumbass comment.

"Well obviously, but have you ever seen her before? It's like she didn't exist before I saw her yesterday." I clarified.

"Maybe she's new." Ethan suggests. He fidgets with the air conditioner not bothering to look at the girl.

"She's not she's the daughter of the principal. I saw her in the principal's office." I explain. The girl walks out of the school and in the process walks in front of our car but doesn't notice us staring directly at her. She must be really oblivious because of the intensity of our staring is not even affecting her at all.

"Why is she carrying trash?" Taylor says in disgust. He leans back onto the middle seat of the car. "Maybe she's the janitors apprentice."

"You're an idiot." I snap back.

"Maybe she was homeschooled and now she has to finish high school in public school." Ethan suggests again. "Taylor, I have a yearbook in my trunk. Go fetch." He snaps in Taylor's face and points at the trunk in his Honda. Taylor groans and gets out of the car walking around the back to open the trunk, leaving his door open.

We watch as Taylor opens the trunk and his face retorts into disgust and he fake gags. "Ethan man, you need to fucking clean out your car." Taylor complains. I frown. This is where I doubt why I'm friends with these bags of water. It seems like they loose the three brain cells they have every time they gets tackled in football. Taylor picks up a semi-empty bag of Cheetos to show the level of filth that rots in Ethan's car.

"Is that a fucking used condom?" I gag seeing the material poking out of the cheetos bag. Taylor immediately looks down at it. He gags and throws the bag out of his hand.

Ethan starts to laugh at our disgust. Not giving a shit of our judgment of his car."Bruh, how many bitches you fuck in this car? There is an entire pack of condoms. You don't need this many condoms in your fucking car man." Taylor groans skimming over all the items packed in the trunk of the trash bag Ethan calls his car.

"Just find the fucking yearbook." Ethan says through his laughter.

"You're fucking disgusting." I groan, scrunching up my nose. It's surprising Ethan's car doesn't smell like shit because of level of actual trash is in his car.

"You're just jealous because you don't get no pus-" Ethan starts.

"Found it." Taylor all but screams, interrupting Ethan. I glare at Ethan before turning to look at Taylor. He  picks up the book chucking it at us in the front seat. It skims Ethan's nose almost hitting us both in the face. The hardcover book misses us, hitting the front windshield of Ethan's car. A startled shrill scream erupts from someone.

We all turn to see the girl looking at us with a terrified look on her face. The girl had disappeared around the corner during our bickering of Ethan's trash and she came back around without the trash to go back into the school. She must have gotten startled by the bump that the yearbook made when it hit the windshield. She looks at the yearbook that fell in a hole between the drivers wheel so it's sticking straight up. Then her eyes traveled directly into mine. Her wide green eyes looking into me. The intimacy of her stare made me feel slightly uneasy and I shifted in my seat.

Taylor closes the trunk entering the backseat again completely unaware of his surroundings and what is happening. She breaks eye contact with me and quickly scurries back in the building.

"Ok then." Ethan coughs pulling the book out of his wheel. An uncomfortable silence flattens out the playful mood in the car.

I grab the book out of his hands and flip to the cover of the book. "Dude this book was from sophomore year what the hell? How long have you had this car? Sophomore year was two years ago." I groan. He shrugs and grabs it back from me.

Taylor inches towards us and looks at the book as Ethan flips through it. "Lets just find who this bitch is and get to practice cuz we gonna be late." I look at my phone and see that practice started 5 minutes ago.

"Fuck!" I kick open the car door, forgetting about the yearbook, and we run to the changing rooms to get ready for practice.

In the locker room as we're changing Ethan yells to me over the lockers, "So why do you care so much about this random ass bitch?" He asks. I frown and shrug. I don't bother responding to his question.

"Curiosity." Taylor answers for me.

"I don't really care." I declare. I could sense Ethan and Taylor shoot each other a look calling out my bullshit.

"Whatever." I groan. "You guys are the most annoying sons of bitches I've ever met in my fucking life." I groan, slamming my locker closed. They laugh at me, and follow me out of the locker room.

Ethan lets Taylor and I crash at his house. His parents work as doctors so they have weird hours. "I fucking hate practice." Taylor groans stretching our his back. Multiple loud audible cracks from his back fill the room. He flops down on the couch and kicks off his shoes. "We still have three fucking months until championships."

"And Ash, you need to fucking get laid. You've been abstinent for too long. Your sexual frustration is turning into a low amount of patience and we too annoying for you to be frustrated 24/7." Ethan teases. I frown and roll my eyes not even wanting to think about girls.

"Fuck off." I grunt.

"No seriously dude." Taylor agrees. I groan under my breath and throw my bag on the floor.

"I'm going out for a fucking smoke." I say taking out my cigarettes from my back pocket. I grab a random lighter on Ethan's kitchen counter and walk out onto his back porch.