Prologue

Ashton Phoenix

Ashton Phoenix

I walk into the cafeteria and sit down at our table. Ethan is making a stupid remark and my attention wanders  to  Stephanie, who was coming over. She kisses my cheek, "Hi baby." I mutter starting to eat my lunch. Stephanie sits next to me and starts to eat her sandwich. I put my arm around her and she slightly leans into my side.

"Ashton, Coach said for me to remind you that we have an extra practice today." Taylor says walking to our table and sitting next to Ethan. I nod and pick off my girlfriends lunch.

"You always have extra practice." Stephanie mutters under her breath, but I still heard it.  I ignored her complaints and try to listen in on the useless banter that Ethan and Taylor have somehow again found themselves into.

"That is not how you pronounce that." Ethan states arrogantly.

"Well how do you think it is pronounced then? Because you're not even trying." Taylor grunts. Before Ethan could respond Taylor ricochets jello off his spoon onto Ethan's face. Ethan wipes it off and glares at him as his body tensing and muscles contracting.

"Stop."  I demand before things started getting violent.  They both grunt very loudly and turn away from each other but their frustration radiates from their bulky football bodies. They get into useless arguments almost every day. I question how they can even stand being around them all of the time, even if they are best friends.

Stephanie's hand creeps under the table and latches onto my thigh. Her sharp and fake looking nails dig into my thighs. I hold back a wince, not wanting to hurt her feelings. I just hope she doesn't draw blood with her fugly nails. Ethan turns his head and a loud crack echoes as the bubbles between his bones pop.

"I hate it when you do that." I mutter. Ethan and Taylor smirk and start cracking their knuckles for the pure reason of ticking me off. I clench my jaw as my short temper spikes up, and I slam my hand against the top of the school's cafeterias table.  Most of their food falls over and spills onto the table, including Taylor's jello.

The room goes suddenly quiet for a moment with a few quiet conversations continuing. Stephanie's hand on my thigh gently squeezes and she grabs my hand. "Baby." She whispers in my ear. "Calm down." I take a long and deep breathe before taking my hand out of hers. I turn to give her a quick peck on her check before glancing at Ethan and Taylor again.

They're quiet, looking straight at me, their faces stoic. I glare at them before hastily exiting the cafeteria to ditch school for the rest of the day.

####

I wave at Stephanie from the sidelines as I get in my position for football. I yell the play and throw the ball to the wide receiver. He catches it but fumbles and the Coach blows his whistle to declare a foul. We all pause and stare expecting the lecture that's bound to come whenever we screw up in practice. I hated him as a coach.

He never gives any words of encouragement and whenever he isn't judgementally glaring at us, as if he wants to murder us is when he is listing off all the things we're doing wrong. In that instance he looks like a psychopathic serial killer.

He assembles the team up with his whistle and hand motion as we unconsciously stand in a circle: Force of habit. He stands in the center of the circle and makes a point to stare down every football player in his team before starting his pessimistic and supercilious speech, "What was that? This team has been going downhill since last season. Ashton, its time you step up and put on some of the load for making this team a success." Coach yells at specifically me.

I roll my eyes. He is always finding ways to blame his shitty teaching and coaching on me on the sole reason I am the Quarterback. We break and my eyes automatically look to the bleachers to find my precious girlfriend. I look and find an empty bleacher with football equipment littered on the bottom of it.

I ignore it for now, and follow the team to the locker room. Deciding to take a shower at home and not in the disgusting nut-ridden showers. There are many disgusting rumors of numerous guys have sex with their girlfriends in those showers, and almost all were spread by those same guys.

Walking out of the locker rooms and exiting the schools I walk past one of the many janitor closets. A loud bang and giggle erupt from the closet, the only sound in the quiet hallway. A voice from the closet seems familiar and I slowly walk closer to see if I'm not going crazy.

Fuck it I'm opening it. Who is stupid enough to fuck in a janitors closet and not get caught.

I quickly snap open the door and slam it open. The big brown eyes of my girlfriend stares at me as I walk stare.

Her small bare body is wrapped around some boy's bare body mid-sex. Her hair was messed up because his hands were gripping the roots of it. She stumbles on her words and the guy scrambled to cover his junk when he pulls out of her. My face scrunches up in disgust and I slam the door in their face.

I speed home in my car not wanting to think about the whore that I can't believe I actually trusted. She was my first. My very first. The bitch. When I got to my first red stop my hands around the driving wheel clench so much my knuckles get red.

My jaw clenches and my breath becomes deep and quick. My eyes glaze over with pure red as my hands punch my driving wheel, accidentally setting off the horn.

"Fuck!" I scream into nothingness. My hands reach up to pull at my hair. Why? That whore. I knew there was always something off about her. I should have never dated her. I never should've have given her my first when I knew that I was her 50th.

Coming home I avoid my mom to the fullest extent and end up slamming the door in her face and locking it behind me. I take out my phone to see missed calls from her. I hope she burns in hell. I delete her phone number and all of our photos together. I wipe any trace of her from my phone altogether.

My mind glimpses back to that moment, where my girlfriend is literally fucking another man. I'm done with dating whores I can trust. A true girl for me would have never even thought about cheating. I'm not subjecting myself to her bullshit.

Without thinking I chuck my phone at my door and collapse onto my bed, not planning on getting up the next morning.

chapters coming up soon read my conversations on my profile if y'all have questions