Hold Up! What Do You Mean Daughter of an Alpha? (4)

Cheers for rotten luck.

The wolf continued snarling, drool dangling from the side of its massive jaw. As I stood my ground, Xander was already going into one of the bedrooms.

The wolf and I locked gazes and there was something familiar about this creature. Was he or she a wolf from our pack?

Xander soon emerges from the bedroom with a fresh set of guy’s clothes and paced quickly to the wolf that was too big to fit through the door.

And here I thought I gained weight.

My brother shut the door behind him, leaving me alone in the cabin. Well, that was weird.

“She needs to know,” I heard faintly. Sometimes I’m really glad I have these heightened senses, they’re always useful for eavesdropping.

I heard another person sighing, and decided to inch nearer towards the door to hear them clearer. Like a ninja, I stealth-walked to the door and pressed my ear against it.

“It’s okay Xander, she has to know the truth, and I won’t deny my reputation.” I heard my dad’s voice. Was he referring to what Xander told me?

I pressed my ear onto the door harder this time, straining to hear something, anything.

Rotten luck seemed to stick with me, because the door flew open, hitting me to the ground. “Who the hell opens a door so roughly?” I muttered while rubbing my sore bottom. Déjà vu!

“I know you’ve been eavesdropping, my love,” My father cooed and extended an arm out to me, which I nervously grabbed and stood up.

“So, it’s true? That you’re a ruthless and scary person?” I arched an eyebrow, and my dad just broke out in a laugh, before nodding slightly.

“Anyways, I came here to tell you that you had me worried. You can’t just wander around at night Am.” He pouted cutely and I was starting to wonder if that man was the infamous Alpha Kole.

“Oh… But this place is too cool to resist, you know!” I covered up my main reason of being here; escaping from them.

“Then you can stay here for the night with your brother. Be back at the house tomorrow morning! I have plans for your afternoon, alright?” My father mused and I nodded stiffly.

With that, my dad walked out the door, closing it behind him.

A few moments later, there was a ripping sounds and a loud howl echoed, even the window panes vibrated vigorously. My heart thudded and a shudder ran down my spine.

Then the silence returned.

I realised another thing, my brother was staring at me the whole time, an amused expression plastered on his face, and his smirk completed the ‘I’m-a-douche’ look.

Just kidding, it made him even hotter.

As I trudged into one of the bedrooms, Xander followed.

“You’re not going to sleep on the same bed as me, are you?” I groaned, yet internally I was slapping myself for saying that.

“I’m your kind brother who wants to protect his kid sister from the big bad wolf,” He mocked in a high-pitched girly voice.

That made me roll my eyes, he made me wonder who the kid sister really was.

I then slid under the covers, exhausted from the earlier events. My eyelid twitched at the thought of tomorrow. It was going to be something big, I just knew.