Hold Up! What Do You Mean Daughter of an Alpha?

Bonjour mes amis! I'm new here, constructive criticism is welcomed.

Just thought of this story randomly, so please enjoy. (:

Vote/Comments are encouraged, hehehe.

2011 © All Rights Reserved

★★

It wasn’t a dream, not anymore.

My recurring nightmare of escaping the grasps of the menacing forest weren’t part of a dream anymore, I was living it. I was living my nightmare.

Every tormenting step I took made the littered forest floor crunch loudly and as I spun around once more, something sinister started materialising, just like it would in my dream.

Standing out from the darkness of the immense trees was a pair of eyes, but they weren’t human – they belonged to a wolf.

A wolf…

As I averted my gaze from it, a huge root that jutted out from the ground in a weird angle caused me to lose my footing.

With a thud, I fell and again while glancing back, a looming wolf padded towards me, its eyes never leaving me. This was where I’d always wake up screaming, beads of perspiration swimming on my forehead, but I knew that this time, I wasn’t going to be able to escape.

Exhaustion gripped every part of me and I helplessly stared, petrified and panting, waiting for the massive creature to end me.

One thought that remained in my reeling mind was:

I dreamt of my future.

I foretold my own future, but no one saw it coming, not even myself. As I held the wolf’s gaze, flashbacks began to flit through my mind…

“Am, take care and be a good girl alright?” My mother shrieked from the kitchen as I made my way to school. Tugging on my cardigan, I grinned brightly, assuring her, “Yes yes I will, mum! Love you!” as I shut the door and mentally capering to school.

I mean, who wouldn’t be happy, it was the last day of school!

The day carried on as per normal, except that everyone was livelier than usual. However, there was a strange stirring in the pit of my stomach that I foolishly brushed off as anticipation for the holiday ahead.

Little did I know…

“Remember to call me! You owe me like, a whole lot of outings!” Serene giggled while waving goodbye when school ended.

This time round when I traipsed my way back home, that strange feeling grew more intense and I couldn’t help but pick up my pace.

Waves of unease crashed onto me as I saw the front door of my house ajar. Panicking, I burst into the house to find it empty. “Mum? Are you there?” I croaked. A lump formed in my throat as I slowly opened the bedroom doors.

There was not a trace of life in the house and that made my body tense up in fear. Out of the sudden, a shattering sound emanated from the kitchen.

My heart lurched as I crept out the back door and into the forest where it could hide me, but what I didn’t know was that the intruder wanted exactly that.

The chase started as I bounded through the forest, tree branches constantly abrading my limbs.

Snapping back to reality, I realised that its snout was inches from my pale face, its breathing steady and relaxed.

“What are you waiting for?” I hissed as if the animal could understand human language. The maroon furred wolf let out an ear-piercing howl as it brought its head up.