Chapter 10: Hema-whatogy?

There were few people left at the site of the battle now. Tom Banacheck, leading several teams of Sector Seven agents, dealt with the security issues. They secured a perimeter around the affected area of Mission City, making sure that no civilians got in or out. They rounded up all the witnesses and debriefed them so that the battle between the autobots and decepticons could be kept under wraps.

No one outside of the inner circle of the organization was sure what they had offered. Threat or incentive, whatever it was, whoever left the debriefing facilities claimed that they knew nothing about any "ridiculous" or "nonexistent" robot aliens.

In the middle of the destruction stood Optimus Prime, his form slightly hunched with grief and exhaustion. In his arms he held what remained of his lieutenant. The autobot leader gently lay Jazz's silver frame on the bed of the vehicle in front of him.

"Till all are one, my friend." The Prime muttered the Cybertronian farewell softly, lowering his helm, and placing a hand on his lieutenant's sparkless chassis in a sign of respect and mourning. Unlike the rest of the robot remains that were being dumped into a different truck, the autobot leader made sure that Jazz would be treated differently. Optimus and his team decided that they would repair the saboteur's frame and find a way to honor him for his ultimate sacrifice.

Meanwhile, Captain William Lennox and his men meandered around the wreckage, assisting with cleanup and aiding any other injured stragglers.

The Autobots would have also gladly helped with the work, however, security matters and the risk of mass panic were a real issue. They were to be transferred and stationed in a secured temporary facility where they could further tend to their own injuries in private while the government made their decisions about what would come next.

"Come on! Come on! Let's get movin' here!" Agent Simmons waved, gesturing to a large truck that would take the mechs to the location. A bit of the shock of an alien war erupting in the middle of the unsuspecting city was beginning to wear off, and people (especially nosey and curious people with their cameras and cellphones- Seymour hated those the most) would be trying to find ways to get back into the city soon. They didn't have much time to linger.

Sam Witwicky and Mikaela Banes, who were seated next to Bumblebee within the truck's large cargo hold, heard the demeaning tone in the agent's comment and glared at him.

"What?" Simmons questioned. "We gotta get goin' if we don't want any more people to see these robots and start panicking!" The looks did not stop, and the man could only throw his hands up in defeat, his expression incredulous. "Looks like nobody really cares about national security but me. Sheesh..."

After several more moments of silence, Optimus straightened and approached the disgruntled Sector 7 agent.

"I apologize for the delay Agent Simmons, but I'm afraid our job is not done yet."

"What?" The man looked around him and pointed at the truck being loaded with Decepticon remains, slightly confused. A crane was just putting in Megatron's limp frame. "Lookin' at that, I'd have to disagree with you. But are what other threats we should be worrying about right now, huh? Big Guy?" He asked, raising an eyebrow and crossing his arms with a skeptical, if not slightly worried look on his face. The two teenagers still couldn't help but gape at Simmon's rude attitude, even towards the autobot leader.

"No immediate threats." Optimus assured, ignoring the agent's constant cheekiness, "Megatron's offlining ensured that you will not have to deal with any major decepticon problems for a considerable amount of time. However, there is another issue we must address. Ratchet." The Prime nodded toward the approaching neon green mech.

TF Backstories: Realityजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें