Intro: Part 1

(Sammy pov) (4412 Words)

[5 years before civil war]

"Sammy if you don't hurry your ass up its going to get cold and I don't want you whining at me about why you we didn't come earlier", my 24 year old brother said as I finished slipping on my blue and white scarf. "I'm coming, I'm coming...geez", I groaned as I walked down the raggedy, splinter filled stairs.

When I reached the bottom of the steps I looked at the walls of my "home"; some home it was. The walls were black in some places, broken in thru in others, and rotting in other certain places. The roof was broken in several places and where it wasn't broken it had thin cracks or wide gaps... yeah it doesn't really protect us from the weather much.

But... it's all me and my brother have...

Ok depressing introduction time yay!!!(note the sarcasm). My name is Samantha Rose Wulf, or Sammy as my brother likes to call me, I'm 17 years old I have cream colored skin, curly long light brown hair, I stand at 5'0, I have weird looking eyes, and I live with my 24 year old brother in a shitty, old, abandoned, rundown, two-story, house . My mother died during childbirth and my dad died 5 years later, in my arms, during a home invasion.

Shortly after both of their deaths me and my brother, Jaxon, were put into an abusive foster system for 3 years before someone, by the name of Pepper Potts, had tried to adopted Jax; she could only take one of us, and in fear of being separated we ran away together... Yeah an 8 year old and a 15 year old ran away... How brilliant...

We've been on the streets since, keeping ourselves alive by stealing, doing small jobs like yard work and babysitting, and a lot of dumpster diving... yeah not the most fun or best of child hoods. But that doesn't mean we didn't have fun every once in a while. We enjoyed running from the law gymnastics and parkour...

On my 13th birthday Jax bought me a football and a small coconut cream pie from a convenience store down the street that I had been eyeing for a while... Or so I thought... No, he had asked and older weird looking adult to go into the convenience store to but it, sine we were ban because of shoplifting. I quote my brother when he said, 'he gave a creepy and sadistic grin before saying he would but he would give it to him the next day because it would, and I quote, look suspicious if he walked into an ally way after exiting the store.

Yeah... he gave my brother that bullshit story... Jax was uneasy but agreed and the next day he met up with the creepy guy again, and he not only got the pie but he also got a slightly glowing mountain blue blast and was told to give it to me as a birthday present... Here's the thing, my brother never told him who the pie was for and didn't tell this man what his or my name was.

My brother at the time never really paid much attention to it and gave it to me anyway... I won't lie it was the best pie I had ever had and I savored every piece; I downed the mountain dew too, not before sharing some with Jax that is...

And the next day I caught a fever and a stomach bug... or so I thought. Jax had no idea what to do he couldn't go to a hospital because we had no medical history nor did we even exist... Another reason why we didn't want to go was because 1). I hated doctors and 2). I would be put into another foster system and we would more than likely never see each other again.

So I told him that we should just ride it out and start spending everyday like it might be my last... We cried a lot and I spent almost all of my time wrapped in his arms, and as my condition got worse Jax got more depresses and frustrated. Sometimes I'd wake up in the middle of the night and see him on his knees crying and praying that I would make it through the night...

...He did this every night for two weeks before, he says, and I quote, 'I went to check up on you one morning and you weren't moving or breathing... you were dead...'. Apparently he snapped and went crazy he destroyed the little home we had, before our burnt two-story home... After his little tantrum he held me and cried... He cried for hours...He cried himself to sleep.