Chapter 7

Nicki just sat observing the class as they worked on a quick practise question for her. She was quite distracted by the outdoor world when there was a knock at her door.

Nicki: come in

The door slowly opened and the receptionist walked in a with a huge bouquet of pink roses. Nicki just smirked and shook her head already knowing who they were from and not wanting to accept them.

Receptionist: these are for you Miss Maraj

Nicki: Thank you very much, can you just put them on the desk over there please

The receptionist did as she had asked before walking out and closing the door again. The class were now distracted by the roses in the corner of the room.

Carla: aren't you gonna look and see who they're from miss

Nicki: there's no need to look when you already know

Olivia: at least read the message miss

Nicki: I think I'll pass, right come on let's look at these questions then

She picked up her board pen and stood by the whiteboard ready to start writing the key points for a good answer. Drake was highly distracted by the tight skirt she was wearing and how it hugged all of her curves.

Nicki: Lynn why don't you get us started, which question did you do...

The lesson drew to an end and Nicki dismissed her class before taking a seat behind her desk. Arilynn went straight to the bouquet of flowers and took out the note that was attached to them. Nicki just shook her head and chuckled as she watched her. After reading the fairly long message Lynn looked up at her cousin.

Nicki: They're from exactly who I thought aren't they 

Lynn kissed her teeth and just nodded as her friends waited for her, enjoying listening to the conversation. Nicki just chuckled and shook her head.

Nicki: do me the honor of throwing them away on your way out please

Lynn: the flowers?

Nicki nodded.

Lynn: All of them 

Nicki: Every single one lynn

Lynn: but they must have cost him a lot

Nicki: shame I don't care isn't it.

She gave a simple dimple shrug before turning her attention to her laptop screen and replying to some of the emails from other teachers and some of her students as Lynn made her way out with the flowers. Once she was done responding to the emails, she took her trench coat from her chair and put it on before heading out to her car. She unlocked it, but didn't quite manage to get in, due to being distracted by someone.

Nicki: What do you want?

Byron: How was your morning? Did you get my flowers?

Nicki: I did and I happily got rid of them 

Byron: I saw, but how come.

Nicki: Was I obliged to keep them? didn't realize I didn't have a choice.

He moved closer to her and wrapped his arms around her waist, causing her to look away from him due to her already knowing his tactics very well. He leaned in and placed a kiss on her cheek.

Byron: I'm sorry nic. I promise from now onward that you will be my first priority and i will make more time for you, please just give me another chance to show you I can be better.

Nicki: It should've been that way in the first place. I don't want to give you another chance so I wont. This clearly isn't for either of us 

With that she removed his arms from around her waist and got into her car, leaving him stood there and watching her drive off.

-

Nicki was sat watching TV after having left school earlier due to having no other lessons to teach. She was highly engrossed in the current episode of Judge Judy when there was a knock at her door. She just thought for a second as confusion took over her face before placing her coffee mug down and pausing the TV. She walked over to the door and opened it to find Drake stood there. A smile made it's way onto her face as he did the same.

Drake: How are you?

She moved out of the way and opened the door a little more, allowing him to come in and closing the door behind him.

Nicki: I'm good thank you, and yourself?

Drake: Can't complain

Nicki: So what brings you by Drake

He chuckled slightly before moving closer to her causing her to back into the wall, and wrapping his arms around her waist and resting his head on her shoulder. She bit her lip as a smirk made it's way onto her face and her  arms wrapped around his neck.

Drake: Aubrey, and you know why I'm here 

He placed a kiss on the spot just below her ear before moving to make eye contact with her. He tucked her hair behind her ear and rested his temple against hers.

Drake: Who's this guy that thinks he has the right to be sending you flowers?

Nicki: The real question is, why isn't it you 

Drake: Oh you want to be sending you flowers baby girl, cause I ca do that. Just let me know and you got it.

This caused her to bite her lip again and this time he leaned in and kissed her, causing her to remove it. The kiss lasted for a little while before they pulled away and he just admired her. She blushed slightly at the way in which he was looking at her.

Drake: I've missed you 

Being it had been almost a week since they'd got a chance to just spend some proper time together, it was definitely a moment for them to savor and discuss the matter at hand.

Nicki: I've missed you too

He took her hand and lead her back into the living room and took a seat on the couch before pulling her onto his lap. He wrapped his arms around her and she just relaxed onto him.

Drake: I wanted to talk to you about us 

Nicki: What did you wanna talk about?

He sighed slightly and just ran his hands through her hair as he figured the least forward way in which to ask her.

Drake: Like what are we? Like are we gonna put a label on what we have or are we just gonna leave it to be a one off thing 

It went silent for a moment as she thought.

Nicki: I don't know. How do you feel about it? I mean I'm technically not in a situation at the moment so i don't see a problem in it but I don't want to agree to have something with you then for it work out because you just wanted something exclusive

Drake: I definitely want us to be something. I habour very strong feelings for you and I highly doubt I'll be leaving anytime soon if at all.  I wanna give us a go 

Nicki: We can give us a go then 

She turn around to straddle him and he just gently pulled her in for a kiss. His hands rested on her thighs and he sat up slightly, deepening the kiss. She put her hands on his shoulders and slowly pulled away as he bit her lip causing her to smile.

Drake: And I happy to do that. As long as we keep our circle small and we don't allow little things to break us then we'll always be in a good place. and This will definitely be exclusive...

------------------------

Short I know, but it's something I guess right? The drama will kick in soon, don't you worry. 

Much Appreciated

_PaintedPyramids X