Seattle? 

"You won't tell him because you know he will leave you."

"He.. well.." She fumbles her words.

"Well guess what Tessa? You can thank me later."

"For what?" The infamous Zed Evans smirk is plastered across his face.

"For telling him for you." Zed lifts his arm up, pointing to me and I watch as her body stills.

This isn't happening, this can't actually be happening.  She would never plan to leave without telling me..

Zed's wild eyes and shit-eating grin mock me as I try to collect my fucked up thoughts.

When she turns to me her movements are painstakingly slow. Her gray eyes are wide, pupils blown out in surprise when they meet mine.

"Hardin.. " Her voice is small, lost in the wind.

Unsure what to say, I stand still with my mouth open, closed,  open,  back and forth in an endless pattern until the words finally fall from them.

"So this was your plan then?" I manage to say.

She pushes her hair back from her face, her mouth turns to a frown immediately and she rubs her hands up and down her arms that are crossed in front of her chest.

"No! It's not like that Hardin, I.."

"You two are quite the fucking schemers aren't you? You," I point to the bastard, "You fucking scheme and plot behind my back and try to make a move on my girl,  over and fucking over. No matter what I do, no matter how many times I pound your god damned face in, you still keep crawling back like a fucking cockroach."

"She's," He dares to speak.

"And you," I point to the blonde girl who has my world under the sharp heel of her black shoe, "you, you keep playing mind games with me, acting like you give a fuck about me when you've been planning to leave me this entire time! You know I won't go to Seattle yet you still plan to go, without telling me!"

"That's why I haven't told you Hardin, because I know you won't come and I.."

"Stop fucking talking," I say and her hand moves to her chest like I am psychically hurting her with my words.

Maybe I am.

Maybe I want to.

How could she humiliate me this way, in front of Zed of all people?

"Why is he here?" I ask her, there is no evidence of his smug grin when she turns to look at him before looking back at me.

"I asked him to meet me here,"

"Of course you did! There we go! The two of you obviously have something special here."

"I only wanted to talk about the charges, I'm trying to help you Hardin. Please listen to me." She steps toward me, moving her hair from her face again.

"Bullshit! I heard your entire conversation. If you don't want him, tell him now in front of me."

Her watery eyes are pleading silently for me to give in and not make her humiliate him in front of me but it doesn't sway me.

"Now, or I'm done with you," My words burn like acid on my tongue.

"I don't want you Zed," Her words are rushed, panicked, and I know it's hurting her to say them.

"At all?" I ask, mimicking his grin from earlier.

"At all." She frowns and he runs his hands over his hair.