10 POKÉMON FACTS

Gotta catch them all.

10. Mr. Mime can be a girl

Mr. Mime can also be a girl, even though the female Pokemon's name would still include "Mr."

9. Gengar and Clefable

Gengar is a Shadow type Pokemon and this "shadow" may be related to how similar it looks to Clefable.

8. Yamask contains human soul

Yamask Pokemon actually contain the souls of humans who lived long ago; the faces they carry are said to be those humans' actual faces and cry when reminiscing of memories.

7. Slowbro is the only Pokémon that can de-evolved.

It's Pokedex entry says that if the Pokémon Shellder on its tail is remove, it will go back to its original form.

6. Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee are based on two different sports.

Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee are thought to have been named for Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee in the American version of the game.

5. Drifloon's creepy pokedata

The Pokedex entries for Drifloon states that this Pokémon tricks children into thinking it's a balloon and after that carries them away! That's creepy.

4. Ditto is a failed Mewtwo clone

It's assumed that Ditto is a failed attempt of Mewtwo, because they share similar stats, moves, and color. Located to the same place of Mew.

3. Lavender town causes uneasiness on players.

There are a number of strange phenomena associated with Lavender Town in the original Pokémon games. It's thought that the music that players hear while in the town contains isochronic tones, which could be the cause of uneasiness that has now come to be called "Lavender Town Syndrome."

2. Xatu can't escape the Horror premonitions.

In its Pokedex description, it is said that Xatu stays still and quiet because, "it is seeing both the past and future at the same time." Not only is this terrifying because of the amount of stimulation it's experiencing, but this means that Xatu can see everything horrible that ever happened, and unspeakable terrors that are yet to happen. This also means that Xatu has seen your death. And all it can do is watch and wait. Incredibly creepifying

1. Pokémon and Human Language

The theory says that humans living alongside Pokémon like Charmander heard the creature making a call that sounded like "charmander," and applied the sounds to the physical features of the Pokémon. So, in this instance, the word "char" came to represent something blackened by fire, and "-mander" became a suffix that describes reptilian animals.

 So, in this instance, the word "char" came to represent something blackened by fire, and "-mander" became a suffix that describes reptilian animals

***********
Satisfied?
Don't forget to vote for more FACTLIST