Chapter Three, Mixed Feelings

The edge is getting closer.. The waves are getting faster... It's only a matter of time..

I woke up breathing heavily. What's happening to me? Ryland saw the scared look on my face and reassured me in his arms. "What's wrong Ty?" I shook my head and got out of bed. "nothing it was just a bad dream." It was more than that. And it's telling me something I dread to know. I walked into my bathroom and turned around to see him staring at me "no peeking" I said with a wink as I closed the door. I slid against the door, my head pounding. She's going to find out sooner or later and it's going to be hell trying to calm her down when she does. I sighed as I got back up to take a shower.. I wrapped a towel around my waist after I dried off. When I opened the door I saw Ryland still laying on my bed reading a book. He looked at me with that heartwarming smile. "is it my turn?" I smiled back. "it sure is" as he walked passed me his arm brushed my crotch. Whaaat the hell just happened? It had to be an accident. There is no way..... I shook the thought as I took my towel off and put my boxers on. "hey do you have a- Woah." He stood there in shock. I felt so embarrassed. "towel..?" I could feel my cheeks turning red as I threw him mine "my moms probably washing all the towels now, just use mine". I felt like I was going to pass out from the amount of embarrassment that was coming my way but he just gave me that same damn smile and said "thanks." ... We both went down stairs, he was wearing a tank top with basketball shorts and I was wearing a v neck with skinnies. I gave my mom a hug goodbye and we both went out the door. We walked quietly for a couple minutes until we got we got to the big building.
I walked into the school with the biggest lump in my throat. I did not like this place at all. Ryland was right behind me as we squeezed through the crowd of people. I was getting stares from all sorts of angles. I tried to ignore it as I looked at my schedule. 1st- Geography 2nd- Algebra 3rd- P.E 4th- Biology 5th- English 6th- Art. Ok this should be an easy day. Walking to my locker, some asshole decides to push me into the other lockers, "watch where you going freshman" This was gonna be a long year. I was about to get up when someone thought it would be funny to push me back down. His friends laughed at his immaturity. I sighed and walked to my first class... I ignored my 2nd period teacher until the bell rung.
I ran to the gym, hopefully having P.E wont be as bad. The coach told everyone to go change into gym clothes. We all clustered at the Boy's changing room. I grabbed an outfit off the desk and went to the locker the gym teacher assigned me to, he gave me the locker number and moved on to help other freshman open their lockers. I had practice from middle school so I opened mine and put my gym clothes on. I ran out with everyone else and the teacher said that we were gonna play basketball. He said if you don't want to play you can sit in the bleachers. I decided to keep to myself and went to the bleachers and stuck my headphones in and they totally silenced the whole gym until some jock that has to be a junior threw me a ball. I took out my headphones and he yelled to me "wanna play? We need one more person to even the teams out." I sighed and decided to play, after awhile the score was pretty even. I didn't realize how good I was at basketball. Before I knew it the last few seconds were going. Some guy on my team passed me the ball, I grabbed it and was about to shoot when the guy who passed me the ball earlier blocked my shot but also fell on top of me. I felt tingles going up and down my body. He smelled like Abercrombie mixed with Axe. It was a good mixture. He looked at me and smiled. "oops. I'm SO sorry I didn't mean to-" I cut him off saying "don't worry about it. It's not that serious" We stared into each others eyes for the longest of time. I turned to everyone else and noticed that EVERYONE was staring at us. How long were we staring at each other? The coach decided to break the awkwardness and blew the whistle for everyone to change. We all walked into the locker room. When I got changed that guy walked up to me. "hey I'm really sorry for what happened. But I was wondering if maybe you'd like to hang out some time?" No. You have someone already "yeah I'd love to." I looked up, smiling at him. God, he was gorgeous. "Awesome!! Here's my number" Somehow he already had a piece of paper ready like he knew this was gonna happen. I took the piece of paper and looked at it. 'Hunter' "Thanks Hunter" I smiled at him and walked out. What just happened?

The rest of my classes were just blurs. I couldn't stop thinking about Hunter. But what scared me the most is now I have to choose between,

A boyfriend or my mom
If I chose a boyfriend I had to choose between,
Ryland or Hunter.

Ding, Ding, Ding, the last bell rang, meaning I hurried my skinny ass straight to the lockers. I unlocked it and stuck my books in when a pair of arms ran up my shoulders. I jumped and turned quickly to see Hunter with his version of the 'Prince Charming' smile. "Oh my god you scared me." He just sat there laughing. Asshole. "I'm so sorry, I saw the chance and I just had to take it" He looked at me with glee. "Whatever. I'm glad my fear amuses you" He chuckled and stared into my eyes. What's with this boy and the stares? "Hey" I broke out of my gaze and saw Ryland. He had jealousy in his eyes. "You ready to go?" He glared at Hunter with so much hate I'm surprised Hunter didn't cower in fear. "Yeah, Hunter this is Ryland, Ryland this is Hunter" he stuck his hand out and shook his his hand, he kept shaking but his grip got harder and harder until I decided to say "OK! Let's go Ryland, I have homework" he glared at me with confusion. "Homework on the first day?" I decided not to give him any time to think about it, so I grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the school. "What the hells wrong with you? Huh, I can't make friends?" I don't know what got into me but I liked it so kept it going. "If you call staring into someone's eyes for 5 fucking minutes a friendly gesture then yeah, you can't make friends" He just crossed the line. "Are you KIDDING ME?" I wasn't holding anything back this time. "What are you, my mother?!? At least you can say your gay and be proud of it, I'm the one who has to hide in this box, confused on which way to go. Hoping that the one person in my life I truly care about, doesn't find out, and when I finally decide to make friends with someone who might actually accept me for who I am, you blow them away!!!!!" And before he could say anything, I stormed off. As I was walking I could hear him say "I'm sorry" it was faint but I could hear the sorry in his voice. I stopped and turned around. He was just standing there. Tears rushing down his eyes. I swear this boys gonna be the death of me. I ran into his arms. He held my head in his chest, his fingers running through my hair. "It's ok, please don't cry... Please" He looked at me with so much guilt and sorrow, I couldn't help but cry myself. "I'm so so sorry, your right. I shouldn't get jealous. It's just.. I really like you and Hunter just got the best of me and-" Before he could say anything I rushed my head toward his, smashing my lips against his. Our lips moved with such grace, it was an amazing feeling. I pulled back and stuck my hand on his chest. "I don't know if I'm satisfied yet.." He laughed as he went down and picked me up bridal style "I think we should go somewhere else" I agree. As he was carrying me, I decided to pull out my phone and text my momma.

-Hey, I'm gonna be at the beach.
5 min later...
-Ok honey have fun

I stuck my phone in my pocket and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I feel like such a girl" He chuckled and swung me around. "Your my pretty little princess" I laughed and slapped his arm. I was gonna say something but the sound of waves and seagulls silenced me. He put me down and we sat where the waves could barely touch out feet. I grabbed his hand, sat my head on his shoulder, and started playing with his shirt where his stomach was. "I've never felt like this before. I don't know if it's a good feeling or a bad feeling" He laughed as if what I'm saying was stupid. "It's called butterflies. People get them when they're around the people they fall in love with. I have them too" He looked at me with his signature smile. His thumb was caressing my cheek. "Your so beautiful, you know that?" And before I got up so we could walk home, I said, "I know now because I know you would never lie to me" He took my hand and he walked me home. When we got to my house, my mom wasn't home yet. "So I guess I'll talk to you tomorrow?" I took both of his hands and kissed him passionately. "I guess so" he smiled and let go of my hands. Part of me wanted to run and grab him but I know I couldn't. He turned around and smiled. I smiled at him and waved. And with that, he was gone. I went inside. I climbed up the ladder into the 'attic' area that I call my room. I sat on my bed and look out my window. The sky was beautiful. It was dusk, the sun was going down. I smiled. Today was the best day ever. I laid on my bed and started to close my eyes. I drifted into the best sleep I've ever had since we moved here.