ch. 8 Goodbyes & Hellos

Joe's POV
I watched Dani as she walked in front of me with Troye down the airport halls. Tyler next to me. Thinking of her body next to mine, how I didn't want to let her go this morning, how I wanted to kiss her lips, how I wanted to tell her I love the way she makes me feel. "She's something isn't she?" Tyler interrupts my thoughts and smirks at me.

I feel my cheeks get hot. "You know, you and the others are coming to Miami in the next 2 months right?" I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him with a "what" expression. He rolled his eyes. "Must have been too caught up in Dani land."

just then Dani turns around still walking, "I heard my name?" her smile wide, so beautiful. "all good things." I wink at her, she blushes then turns back around talking with Troye. I thought about how ill see her again. But will it be too late?

Dani's POV
"I'll see you soon." Joe says. Forehead against mine, hands intertwined. "I'll miss you, Sugg." I smile up at him. And I really did mean that. But the thought of seeing him again comforted me even more. He put his hands on my neck then softly placed his lips against mine. Unexpected but so Inviting. I smiled at him when he pulled away, then left.

Joe's POV
It's been a couple months. Maybe 3? Dani and I haven't really talked. Every time I try to speak to her, she's busy. After a month and a half of trying, I just stopped. I always thought of her of course. Our last and first kiss on repeat through my mind. My life returned to normal. "Earth to Joe!" Caspar says shaking my shoulder. I look at him confused. "We landed, let's go." we've arrived in Miami. A lot of YouTubers were going to be sharing one big house.

I hoped to see Dani. I'm not sure how I'd feel. Angry? Excited?  All of us got to the house and unpacked. Caspar Zoe Alfie Marcus Louise Joey Tyler Troye and I. "Is Dani coming?" I asked Troye. He furrowed his eyebrows. "She's been here. She's sharing a room with Louise." Why didn't I notice she was here? Maybe she didn't want me to notice.

Dani's POV
Louise and I were chilling in our room as I was telling her a hilarious story about Tyler and how he pee'd himself out of laughter and being scared, while we unpacked. We were laugh crying when suddenly Joe walked in.

I've avoided him for a couple of months. Things have been rough with my parents. My mom thinking she found a new man who just wanted her money and abused her for it. I didn't want to think of Joe. Even though I wanted him there with me to comfort me. I was holding on to a fantasy when I realized I've let him have a hold on my feelings. I wanted to be in control of that, not him. I know I must have hurt him, but he deserves better.

"I'm gonna go wash up." Louise says as Joe and I sit there staring at each other. She closes the door and I stand up. I break contact with him to start hanging some of my shirts. "3 months I've waited to see you and I'm not sure if I should be upset, angry or happy." Joe says. I just sigh. "Joe I can't-" "Can't what? give me a reason as to why you've avoided me?"

I angrily throw my shirt down and step closer to him. "We can't be together Joe. You're in London. I'm here! It just doesn't work. I had to accept that." he walks closer to me and places his hand on my cheek. "we're here now." "yeah for how long?" I say taking his hand away from my face and turning from him.

Joe's POV
I wanted to pull her close to me. Tell her everything that's happened. "I've missed you, Dani." she doesn't move. "I need a drink." she quickly says then she walks pass me in a hurry as if she was about to miss a train and I hear her footsteps go down the stairs. I run my fingers through my hair.