no blame

Narrator

I'm sorry.

*****************

"are you the mother of Tyler walker."

yes, is he ok what is happening ,no one is telling anything, please say he's ok.

"Mrs. walker I'm very sorry say this but your son suffered multiple fractures on his ribs. his right arm is broken and he fractured his right knee. there was some internal blee-"

"wait ,wait, wait your going to fast ok, you just to slow down because I cant process this all at once. ok just give me a minute".

Natalia was shaken up by the doctors words, it seemed that if Theo let her go she would fall apart.

"ok go on" she sniffled

"um he had some internal bleeding and that caused his body to go into shock. we had to sedate him so we could continue to work. he um unfortunately fell into a light coma, But he is fine, its a light coma so he should wake up in a few days or a couple weeks but it wont be long".

"where is he can we see him" Natalia asked in a pleading voice

"yes he's being taken to the ICU in the pediatric wing, you wont be able to go in the room but you can see him from outside the glass. that is until we move him. we just need to keep him on 24 hour observation. its hospital rules"

"oh my baby" Natalia cried

the doctor looked at her sympathetically

"what about Jessie" Trisha ask

the doctor looked at his charts

"he had multiple contusions, a ruptured spleen, also his left leg broke in three places. the impact of the car mostly damaged the lower parts of his body. but with some physical therapy he should be up and moving soon"

"can I see him I'm his fiancé"Trisha asked

"he is on pain medication so he is not awake right now but we can go and see him, follow me ".

the doctor and Trisha walked away

Theo looked at Natalia "don't you wanna go"

"no"

***************

***************

Theo and Natalia sat outside the hospital after seeing Tyler.

"he looked so small, all those tubes going into his little body. I know he must be so scared"

Theo just held her as she spoke

"you know I keep thinking that this is just some messed up nightmare, that, that I'll wake up right now in my bedroom, go down the hall and see Tyler sleeping in his bed, snuggled up and warm and safe, but this has to be real because it hurts too much to be fake. this is my reality"

"Nat" Theo started

"no, no, you know I never thought I'd be here, I mean I thought that when Tyler got older he'd go to the hospital because he got into a fight or he was playing and hurt himself or some sport or anything else for that matter. but not at three years old all alone and I cant even touch and tell him that mommy's here, he must be so scared right now"

" baby you cant blame your self" Theo said in a calming voice

" yes I can, I hate every thing right now, I hate Trisha, I hate my parents, I hate that driver. I hate the world but I mostly hate myself. I shouldn't of let him go out there. I-I should kept him with me and this wouldn't of happened"

"Theo turned her around " don't you say that, baby the world is already full of so much hate, there doesn't need to be anymore, you can't protect him from everything, no one know what gonna happen next and its scary to know that in the blink of an eye things can go bad. but you look ant me and listen to what I have to say"

Natalia shook her head

" Tyler may have been hurt but you are not to blame, no one is to blame. that drivers brain was not right at that moment and it caused him to lose his life and injure someone else's. it was an accident. an unforeseen accident. now when Tyler wakes up he is going to need to see his mother be strong and full of life. so that he can make it through this. he might not understand everything that going on but he'll understand that he needs his mother. but he doesn't need her broken. ok "

"now I need you to go see Jessie because he is Tyler's father and as much as you may not like it he's here to stay"

Natalia rapidly nodded and embraced Theo in a hug as if to let out all her emotions.

" I love you Theo" she spoke in the crook of his neck

Theo stilled but chuckled

" words of a grieving mother I wont take serious" he kissed her forehead

*************

Vote. comment. Enjoy life 😋😎✌🏾️❤️