Chapter 3: A missing mother

DAKOTA

Dad just finished making the portal for me to go to mom, and now I’m going through it. I hope it’ll be better than where I was. (You’ll hear more of her in my next book Soul Society Academy)

CHEYENNE

I woke up with warm hands around my body; I looked up and saw Grimmjow. Damn he’s a heavy sleeper. I got up and brushed my teeth, got changed then went down stairs to get breakfast. I went back up to get my bag but someone stopped me. “What the hell?” I asked I looked up and saw Grimmjow with his left arm on the floor. He fell to the ground in his puddle of blood unconscious. I looked at the person who did this and it was… Mr. Tosen!

“What the fuck Tosen!” He said looking at our English teacher.

“Lord Aizen’s orders.” That was all he said then he burned the arm, in a flash he disappeared. Soon Ulquiorra and the rest came down looking at the puddle.

“What is the meaning of this?” Ulquiorra asked, now I know why Dakota liked him. His undershirt showed his six pack, while the rest of him looked well to good to explain.

“It was Tosen, he said it was Aizen’s orders.” I said looking at the small black border that was Grimmjow’s arm. I quickly ran for the bandages and tied his shoulder so it won’t bleed. “I can fix his wound but right now I need rest from yesterday,”

“How long will it take you to gain your energy?” Ulquiorra asked.

“Until noon before then I can’t leave the property especially with a new patient.” He nodded and ordered Szayel and Nnoitora to take Grimmjow to his room. I mopped the puddle away and quickly went upstairs to find them playing Dance Central 2 and they kicked ass to Usher. “Wow, who knew someone who looked emo could dance to Usher.” I interrupted him and, he paused the game. “It’ll be noon in a minute, by now I’m ready to heal him.”

“Good, now Nnoitora try not to beat my high score.” Both of us left to Grimmjow’s room, he was still unconscious I got started I took my gloves off revealing the marks and put my hands on the space that was his arm.

“Okay. Vulneris huius spiritus qui animam datus. Munda eum et dabunt ei sanitatem. Ut voco ANTIQUO!”  The space started to glow, first the bone appeared, then the joints and flesh with the blood, and finally the skin. Now that, that was done I had to wake him up. I suddenly felt the warmth of my wings start to sprout I turned and saw Ulquiorra in shock did he understand the ancient language of Latin or did he see my wings? I began to speak again so Grimmjow would wake up. “Cum calor a somno expergefactus phoenix.”

Just as I finished his eyes started to flutter.

GRIMMJOW

I woke up, and saw Ulquiorra and Cheyenne I moved my left shoulder and saw my arm. I moved it and twisted it. “Don’t worry, your angel here just saved your ass, again.” I looked at Cheyenne her body was in the corner with beautiful inflamed crimson wings on her back; her flowing black sapphire hair went down to her elegant hips, while her amber eyes shinned brighter than the sun.

I moved closer to her; I know how she must be feeling all the pain Aizen put her in must come back to her every time she uses her healing powers on someone else. “Don’t worry I’m here, they won’t hurt you ever again while I’m alive.” I put my hands around her weak body I felt tears from her eyes on my hands. She moved her hands from her knees to her head.

“I keep hearing them laughing at me, make it go away.” She begged and begged I tried to help her but her wings were getting bigger and hotter. I quickly went to the front side of her and pushed her head into my chest, her wings grew dimmer and smaller each time I stroked her head.

“Cheyenne you’re in no danger here or now it’s all in the past, it won’t come back to haunt you I promise.” She looked up at me and fainted. I picked her up bridal style.

“Where are you taking her to?” Ulquiorra asked; his eyes can put others in a trance but not me. He’s a murcielago (bat) and I’m a pantera (panther) both of us can manipulate others just by starring at them so our powers don’t work on each other.

“To the one place that can calm her down, trust me she did this when Aizen did experiments on her four years ago.” He nodded and left back to the game room. I went deep into a nearby forest with her still in my arms. Where we were was a waterfall; it had a rainbow coming out of it. I put her in the shallow end and woke her up with water.

“What, the fuck! Why’d you wake me up?” I stared at her with a questioned face. She saw that I took my shirt off and she turned red. I grinned and jumped in the deep zone. She got up and jumped in.

CHEYENNE

The clear blue water was warm and calming I remembered when I passed out Grimmjow snuck out and woke me up with water. My hair dance as I went deeper into the water going behind the waterfall. Grimmjow followed; I went up for air and he pulled me down, and started to kiss me again. I rolled my eyes and answered back. We both went up and saw a little cave. “So, why did you take me here?”

He was silent.

I leaned in closer, “Come on tell me!” I whined.

“Fine, I brought you here so all the good times you had at the laboratory will come to you.” He actually remembered those days? I came closer and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around my body and we stayed like that for three minutes. “We should get you back, Ulquiorra might get worried.” I nodded and he took me piggy-back riding back home. It was ten minutes before dinner so I had to cook for them. I quickly did my magic and made rice with chicken.

“Guys dinner’s ready!” I shouted; all of them came running down stairs they smelled the food and started to drool. They all ate it and had shine in their eyes.

“Cheyenne, how did you cook so well?” Yammy asked.

“I had to cook for myself some times.”

“Well hell it’s the best food we’ve eaten in years!” Luppi said.

“Thanks, oh yeah and when you’re all done Yammy and Starrk you two have to take the trash out. Neliel and Halibel you two have to do the dishes. Nnoitora and Luppi both of you have the counter. Grimmjow and Ulquiorra you guys do the game room I already know you left it a mess. Finally Zommari and Szayel you two are picking up the trash on the floor, and I’ll mop up the floor when you’re all done.” They all moaned but got to work peacefully… for now.

“Cheyenne we’re done!” I heard Szayel say, I got the mop and started mopping the floor; once I was done it was almost mid-night and someone came from behind me.

“Do you want me to be with you tonight or the other way around?”

“Grimmjow, what do you think.” He shrugged already in his pajamas he went for my door. I put the mop away and went to the room of death. I kneeled down and spoke to my mom. Her picture looked just like me; I had all her features, but I had my father’s wisdom. I began talking to her.

NNOITORA

 I went back up from getting water when I saw a small crack in the door that Cheyenne said to go in. I saw and heard what she said; she was talking to her mother. “Hey mom, it’s me. I met new people and someone special. Please if you can try please not let Aizen, Gin, Kaname, or Byakuya take me away from here I love my new family and they love me like their own. I really want them to like me and keep me safe, good night.” Once I heard that, I was shocked I never knew her mother died.

I quickly left to my room and sat on my bed until I went to sleep.

CHEYENNE

I got up and went to my room where Grimmjow was waiting, I climbed into bed with his warm arms protecting me from any harm and drifted to sleep.