Chapter 7

"Well, this is it." I say in a bored tone. "This is my house, so you can leave now.

Zack stood still for a moment, examining my house. It's a two story house, painted a plain white with shaded gray accents. Some brightly colored flowers line the front of the house. Simple, but pretty all the same. "Okay." he replied. "See you tomorrow?"

"I sure hope not..." I mutter under my breath.

"Hey, I heard that." he said, giving me a playful smile. "Don't pretend like you don't want to be friends."

"Oh, I don't have to pretend." I walk inside before he gets a chance to reply. Halfway up the stairs to my room, I start to feel a little guilty. Okay, maybe it was kind of mean to just slam the door in his face like that. I run up the rest of the steps, drop my stuff off in my room, then race back down.

"I'm sor-" I realize there's no one in sight. "...ry? Well, that was pointless..." I say to myself. I guess I'll just have to apoligize the next time I see him. Which will probably end up being soon, we have a thing for running into each other. Since I was outside already, I decide to take a walk. Once I get away from the crowding trees and houses of my neighborhood, a brilliant, flaming orange starts to leak slowly into the sky. I've always loved sunsets, they're so beautiful. Lost in thought, I stare at the sky as I walk. I should watch sunsets more oft-

My thoughts are cut off as I run into someone. I seem to be good at that lately. Great.

"I'm so sorry," I say as I look up at the person. A slight gasp escapes my mouth. "Kaylie?" I ask in a shocked voice. The girl returns my look, and the same shocked expression replaces her annoyed face.

"Lilita? Wow, what a coincidence! I didn't know you lived in this city." she says, then gives me a quick hug.

"Me either. I thought that you moved out of state." I reply after returning her hug.

"Well, we did. But then we moved back. My dad got another job offer back here." I'm suprised to see Kaylie here. We were best friends all through middle school, but when she moved out of state, we slowly started to not talk to each other. Then after a little while, me and my family moved to a different city near the center of the state. I never forgot her though. I definitely enjoyed the few years we spent together. We stand there and chat for a while, and turns out she's going to my high school. Hearing that makes me super excited. I can't believe my best friend is back!

Kaylie tosses her light golden hair off her shoulder. "I better get going, I have lots of unpacking to do. Catch you at school tomorrow?"

"Of course! See you tomorrow, then." I reply happily. We exchange smiles and go our seperate ways. Not wanting to go back home quite yet, I keep walking. I can almost say I'm excited for school now.

Almost.