Protector Alexandria(1)

**Beginning of Part One**

'This is it.' I let out a deep breathe as I watch as Mr. Nevil walk up on stage with all of our assignments. 'Mr. Nevil has a hold of my life. All of our lives. All my friends, myself, and the rest of the student Protectors in this class. Some of us may not even get an assignment.' A cold chill runs up my spine. 'No! I'm the best in this class. I will graduate and get an assignment. The best assignment if what Sargent said is true. But then, she may have just said that to try to get my hopes up. But then... No! No negative thoughts or they'll come true. I am the best in this class, I will get the best assignment.'

Mr. Nevil walks up to the mic, and places all the assignments on the table beside it. He's 5'9", with short golden brown hair and blue eyes. He teaches World History and History of Weapons and Combat. But right now, he was the holder of all of our futures, and I felt the whole gym hold their breathe as he clears his throat.

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, Protectors and teachers." He starts, his voice strong and sure of itself of a speech he most likely rehearsed more times than there are students in this graduating class. "Thank you all for coming to this graduation of our newest Protectors. As you all know, this class holds some of the best students this Academy has seen in a decade." I let a small smile escape onto my lips, then go back into my poker face. "We've seen many students exceed in all of our classes. We have deadly accuracy in Archery, long distance shooting, and throwing from almost half our class. A third of the girls, and half of our boys are graceful and natural with swords. I believe all of our class but a select few are amazing with any type of gun." He looks at all of us, then back at the audience that holds family and Protectors. "And all of the class has shown natural talent in hand-to-hand combat."

'This is it.'

"But, the most impressive thing this class holds is our top five students." He smiles. "They've shown an amazing talent in each and every class we had to offer. But only our top student, our best Protector, has a talent for new and old weapons and fighting techniques." He pauses and looks at me and the other four who got the top five spots.

'We go first. Top five always goes first, then it goes in numerical order.'

"So I'd like to welcome our top fifth student." Mr. Nevil looks at the girl sitting on my right, Jenny. "Jenny Field started off as one of our weakest students this year, but Protector Karlie took her under her wing and Jenny sky rocketed to the top five half way through the year." He smiles at Jenny. "Not only is Jenny the best shot with any type of weapon, she's one of our smartest students." He looks at the audience. Everyone started clapping.

Jenny stands up, she's only 4'9", but she has deadly accuracy and her body is tiny and curvy, and it looks as if she hardly eats but it's almost too me down in hand-to-hand once or twice. And the brain under her thick blond hair has the best memory I've ever seen. I hope she gets a good assignment. She deserves it after all of her hard work.

She walks up the stage stairs with grace, her head held high and her shoulders squared. She stands in front of Mr. Nevil and places her hand over her heart, then bows respectfully before taking her assignment. She steps up to the mic as she opens the scroll. Her eyes widen as she reads her assignment, her voice strong but small and like bells.

"I have been assigned to the Alpha Squad as their new sniper and hacker." Everyone gasps.

'The Alpha Squad!? That's the best Squad on the planet made up of only the best! If Little Jenny got it...does that mean all of us got in? I mean she's number five in the class...'

Everyone starts cheering, all but the top four, including myself. We sit there, staring at Jenny. She blushes, then salutes by making her hand a fist and placing it over her heart and bowing. The class and all the Protectors in the room responds by copying her and bowing respectfully.