Chapter 4.

Third Person

"I'm driving." Zoe said immediately.

"What? Hades no. I'll drive." Perseus said.

"Why should you drive?"

"Because you are a freaking maniac, that's why."

Thalia snorted. Bianca looked pensive.

"Why don't you two just switch off? You drive some of the way, and Zoe drives the rest," she suggested.

"Well, well. Arty's new Hunter just stopped World War Z. You did good, recruiting this one." Perseus smiled crookedly, and Bianca blushed at the attention.

"World War Z?" Thalia asked, her brow furrowed.

"Well, yeah." Perseus said like it was obvious. "She'd be the one to send the first arrow flying, so it would be World War Z-for Zoe. It fits, right?"

Zoe punched him in the arm, not looking particularly angry. "Just start driving."

Perseus looked amused, and then a strange look came over Perseus face. "Get in the car. Wait for me."

"But-"

"Wait for me."

"Weirdo." Thalia muttered as she entered the vehicle. Perseus heard Zoe start to scold his cousin, and Bianca's sigh, until the doors closed, and the sound was cut off.

Perseus stood there for a moment. "Come out, kid."

A little black haired boy with bright eyes came out. Despite the situation, he was looking awed. "Wow! How did you know I was there?"

Perseus snorted. "Please. Kid, you were as subtle as a ten ton elephant in an art gallery."

The kid, Perseus remembered his name was something that began with an 'N', had the presence of mind to blush. Nate, Nick...no, Nico. His name was Nico.

"Oh." Nico said, looked down.

"Don't worry about it, kid. You're an unclaimed, untrained newbie demigod. I honestly wouldn't expect anything better."

"Was that supposed to be a compliment?"

"Take it however you want." Perseus said, suddenly looking stern. Nico was having trouble meeting his gaze. "Why were you trying to follow us?"

"I-"

"And don't lie."

Nico gulped, and looked down. "I...the prophecy was bad, right? It said that people could die. I...I just...my sister..." he stuttered, looking like he might cry.

The day before there had been a game of Capture the Flag. Because of his awesomeness, and the fact that he was neither a Hunter nor a Camper, Perseus choose to opt out. There had been a fight between Thalia and Zoe. Apparently the two had some bad blood. Anyway, arrows were flying and lightning was getting zap-happy. So, of course, a dead women felt the need to intervene.

She belted out the prophecy, and then went dead again, leaving the poor satyr to bring her dead ass back to the attic.

Of course, Perseus already knew that was going to happen, but that was besides the point. The point is, two people were going to die. Perseus had already foreseen that, but it was made light to a crowd of rowdy demigods with weapons. The news wasn't taken lightly.

Everyone's nerves were heightened. The Camp's happy atmosphere was sullen. And it wasn't just because the Athenian girl was missing. Although, that was a part.