Prologue

~Ancient Greece~

Perseus had many gifts.

He totally mastered the entire aspect of water, in all of it's phases and forms. He could shake the Earth as well as his father. He mastered his patron, Hestia's power of fire.

And because of the Fates, he could see into the future. He knew when he was needed.

Glowing green eyes, the hero was a blur on the battle field. A demon to his enemies. And the enemy of the gods' were his enemies. And they never saw Perseus coming.

...

The monsters kept on coming.  Olympus could defend itself.  The Giants were winning.  Gaea was rising.  It was all over.

Just as Polybotes was about the land the finishing blow to Poseidon, his strike was intercepted by another blade. 

"Bad idea," Perseus growled.

Perseus forced the Giant back with his extraordinary strength, power, and skill.

"Father!  Help me!  Gods and demigods combined!"

Poseidon looked at his son, beaming with pride, lunging at the Giant, and stabbed him with his Trident, while Perseus plunged his sword into the Anti-Poseidon.  And Polybotes crumbled into golden dust.

"Mortal and Immortal!  The Giants can be defeated by god and demigod working together!"  Perseus screamed.  The gods turned to look, as did the Giants, only they looked at him with malice while the gods looked at him with awe and inspiration.

The gods and their demigod children won the battle that day. Although, no one slayed as much monsters, no one helped more Giants, and no one was a greater asset than Perseus. And when the Giants fell, Gaea was unable to awaken.

So all of heroes of the war were rewarded. Most got to be minor gods. At last, it was Perseus' turn.

"I wish for partial Immortality. I do not age, and I can not get such, but can die in battle, that way, I am not bound by Ancient Laws, and if Olympus ever needs me-and I mean majorly-than I will be there to fight."

The gods looked at each other, and nodded. If was unanimous.

Hmm... That wish got Artemis thinking. She wanted to create a group of maidens that would join her hunt and leave the company of men. This seemed like the perfect kind of blessing to give her hunters. Immortal, but not Immortal.

Poseidon embraced his favourite son, and patted him on the back.

Finally, the council was adjourned. Before Perseus could leave, however Hestia came up to him.

"You are brave, you are strong, you are loyal, and most importantly, you are pure. I would like to make you my Champion."

"What exactly do you mean, Lady Hestia?"

"It means I would bless you and help you whenever the need arises, and if I need you, you would help me."

"I accept," Perseus grinned. "Does this mean I can finally talk about how hot I am?"

Thud.

"Owe! I was joking!"

...

"How could you do this to me? I...I helped you! I betrayed my sisters for you! You-"

Zoë Nightshade was crying. Heracles didn't bat an eye.

"I must take my leave now." He turned away from the weeping girl.

"My mother always told me to respect women," A voice said cooly. "Maybe you haven't gotten the memo, asshole."

Zoë turned, only to see a hooded figure. She couldn't see his face, but somehow she could see glowing sea green eyes peering at her.

"You mind your manners," Heracles growled. "Or I shall rip you apart with my bare hands."

"I'd very much like to see you try." Perseus laughed. Then, he wasn't there. He was behind the egotistical demigod. Next thing anyone knew, Heracles was on the ground, Perseus' boot on his back.

"You got lucky," Heracles growled.

"We both know I did not. Give me that sword, and leave. Never, ever see Zoë Nightshade again, or you won't live to regret it."

Heracles growled, absolutely humiliated. "Here." He threw it down and stomped away.

Perseus picked it up, and offered it to Zoë.

"Why?" She whispered.

"I'm a nice guy," Perseus grinned. "And I want to be your friend. So, I know a place for you. You have been unfairly banished, and so you never have an experience like Heracles again, if you wish, I could take you to Artemis' hunt. You could get partial Immortality, and have a new family."

"Would I ever see you again?" Zoë whispered. She felt a pull towards this mysterious man. Not romantic feelings. More like sisterly feelings.

"Perhaps," Perseus said vaguely.

"Here, you take it. You saved me, and I know you are a friend. You are a true hero. Please take it," Zoë urged, pushing the weapon into his hands.

"Thank you. From now on, I will always be your family. I've never had a sister before."

Zoë laughed and smiled. They talked for a long time, and then Perseus dropped her off at the hunt, and they parted ways. She became a hunter. But she would never forget about the man who saved her. The man she considered a brother.

...

It has been a long time since anyone has seen or heard about Perseus.  He was even believed to be dead, something that devastated the girl he made his sister, his patron, and his father.

Eventually, the great hero was forgotten.  Until one winter...