{17}

As I stood in the middle of the court where the people stood all around me, I felt a droplet of sweat trickle down my forehead. I wiped it away with the back of my sleeve and sighed as the citizens all quieted down.

"Citizens of San Francisco!" I yelled out, glancing at Jesse. He gave me a thumbs-up, and smiled a small smile at him before turning back to the people. "You all know me as Nina Rokhlin, the famous fugitive, convicted of stealing an ancient scroll from the President's office, a war plan which Jenkins would later use as the plans for World War III. Fortunately, those horrible plans were destroyed in the atrium explosion along with Jenkins, the President you never truly knew. President Jenkins was my aunt. I knew her ways. She killed my parents and many others that are dreadfully missed in a mass shooting. She created a dictatorship from which she ruled, the opposite of a democracy; what America is supposed to be. And I know exactly how to create that democracy. With the help of our security officers, we can create it. They have been promoted to a higher ranking. And also with the help of fellow friends, we can elect the leaders we choose by voting, by putting in our own opinions." I nodded to Henry, who nodded back to me, dressed in a nice tuxedo and polished shoes. "So what do you say to renewing our old, just government and electing someone new?"

Everyone cheered and screamed in approval, and we all pumped our fists, excited for what was to come. I couldn't wait for life ahead.

I wouldn't have been saying that two days ago, but I was a changed girl now.

And I could sense good things were coming my way.

~ THE END ~