1. Fall For You

The best thing about tonight's that we're not fighting
Adrianna sighed as she impatiently checked her watch, her heels clicking with every second passing by. He was late. Why did he even bother calling her up if he wasn't going to show? He seemed sincere in his wanting to apologize. He had so much to apologize for, a simple sorry couldn't possibly glue the pieces of her shattered heart together. But of course she wasn't going to tell him that. She was going to end their contact now, once and for all. She couldn't take it anymore.
There. Adrianna could spot the same exact shade of golden hair that she used to run her fingers through, the dark azul eyes that would always make her heart flutter. No. Not this time. She wouldn't argue with him, but she wasn't going to give him back her heart, either. "I'm sorry I'm late," Scott apologized, after he was able to regain his breath. He really was sorry. The bus had broken down, and he couldn't wait for it, so he ran instead. Adrianna just nodded her head, not trusting her voice to say anything. Scott raised an eyebrow, surprised she didn't want to argue about him being tardy.

Could it be that we have been this way before?
Scott rubbed the back of his sweaty neck and tried to repress the memories of the three years that they had spent together. The good days. The days when they were in love.

I know you don't think that I am trying
"It's fine, whatever. Save your excuses. Let's just go inside, okay? It's cold," Adrianna said carefully, satisfied that her voice didn't betray her insecurity.

I know you're wearing thin down to the core
Scott tried not to notice the same weariness in her eyes that always told him that he screwed up and she was disappointed. The look that made his heart tear. He couldn't possibly fathom what she had to put up with, especially with him gone.

But hold your breath
Adrianna, without waiting for his response, began sauntering off for the door, not caring if he followed or not. She was truly cold and she didn't know why she had bothered waiting outside for him. She focused on her breathing and on her gait. She couldn't process the fact that her only boyfriend, in her entire life, was trailing after her. The same guy that had thrown her heart into the trash.

Because tonight will be the night
Scott jogged in front of her, and held open the door, flashing one of his signature smiles. The smiles that she had lived to see every day. He tried to catch her eye, willing her to see how desperate he was to explain to her. Instead, her gaze was focused intently on her feet as she walked past him.

That I will fall for you over again
Adrianna felt like she was hyperventilating. She couldn't be this close to him. Even if she was on the chair on the opposite side of him, it brought up too many memories that she wanted to banish. Those memories that she once held dear to her heart. The heart that was lost to her now. She wouldn't dare look him in the eyes, in fear of breaking down.

Don't make me change my mind
"I'm sorry," Scott said, after a long period of silence in which she hadn't even fidgeted. Looking at her dejected state was ripping his heart into pieces. How could he have done this to her? Why had he thought leaving her was the right thing to do? He felt like an idiot.

Or I won't live to see another day
Adrianna shrugged her shoulders, waiting until the huge lump in her throat went down her throat before questioning, "For what?" She kept her gaze on her hands, which were wringing at each other. She quickly tugged down her sweater further down her wrist, in fear that he'd see what she had done to herself. Not like it'd matter. He'd find her more pitiful than he already thought. It didn't matter. He didn't matter... right?

I swear it's true
"For leaving you. It was a mistake. I swear," Scott replied in distress. He wanted her warm brown eyes to acknowledge his presence. For her gaze to lavish him in the infinite amounts of love he had been spoiled with before he had left her. Before he had decided that them parting was for the best.