I Knew The Pathway

Jack searched through the hallways, checking out the fire alarms, looking at the time and looking through each class attendance. After about an hour and a half of investigating, he found a way of getting that sly fox in detention.

The next day, during homeroom, fifteen students were called to detention. Nick was one of the those fifteen students to be called in.

The dean and school police were in the detention room waiting for the fifteen students. The dean is a male warthog named Hector War. Everyone in school called him Mr. War or Dean War. He's the scariest and toughest school dean the school has ever had. Due to his ideas being too extreme, he let's Hallmonitor Jack Savage come up with most of the punishments.

School Police, Benjamin Clawhauser, is actually the nicest police the school has ever had. He gives off a nice and happy atmosphere when you come in the school.

Once all of fifteen students were sitting in the desks in detention room, Mr. War decided to start.

"I'm sure many of you have already figured out why are you here but let me explain anyway. Yesterday in this school someone pulled the fire alarms, actually more than one was pulled. So now we believe that it has to be done by more than one student," said Mr. War.

Nick smiled.

"Luckily for this school we have a junior detective who was clever enough to discover that the fire alarms were set up by thin magic string tied to the alarms to the doors. So now it can be assumed that it took one student."

Nick's smile faded away.

"He also searched and found out the time it may have been done when the first fire alarm was pulled. So using that and looking up the students who never returned to class resulted in the fifteen of you. You all know the drill as it must be done. This what you all practiced since you were all in elementary. In case of a fire, you report yourself to your teacher or school staff member. Since none of you did that none of your names were written down and you are all assumed dead! Or in this case absent. Are there consequences to not reporting yourself? Yes. Yes there is.

Unfortunately, my idea of you all going through a building on fire so you guys can learn why it is important to remember why we do these drills is found drastic, the principal had a better idea suggested from the student council. Starting today till the next thirty one days you guys are to report afterschool to complete community service!

Unless that certain student who did pull all those alarms can confess he did it then only that one animal can take community service for thirty one days while the rest of you can take detention for two weeks.

So let's start.

One.....two.....three.....four.....five.....six.....seven.....eight.....nine.....ten!

No one?

Starting today after school you are all to report here at 3:15. Clawhauser will give you your assignments."

Hours later as classes passed, the bell rang for lunch.

Lucas walked through the hallway as he waited for the black rabbit to go to her locker. As soon as she did, he walked towards her.

"Hey! You're Everly, right?" Lukas asked.

"Who likes to know?" She answers.

"I'm Lukas. Lukas Wile."

"You need something, Lukas Wile?"

"Just wanted to say hello. I don't know many around here since I'm new in this school."

"I don't give tours."

"That's not what I wanted to ask. Actually I was wondering if I could buy you a pawsicle afterschool."