Chapter 19 | That Damn Son Of A Monk

Elena's P.O.V.

"Go, hush with you!" I waved my hand, "Leave me alone!"

Instead of walking away, it replied with a loud bark and another jump at the poor tree, its teeth-like claws trying to hold itself up on the bark.

Just give up already.

Tiredly, I rubbed my sore palms over my face, trying to think of a plan that could make this black-furred wolf go away or at least give me enough time to get home. But whenever I thought that the solution lay in my hands, a reminder shouted at me that I was no Superwoman, which tore the false answer away from me.

And this is how common sense kills your ideas.

"Ugh, don't you have better things to do than waiting for me to come down?" I looked down at the wolf, annoyance cutting my face and voice.

The sneering animal answered with a deep growl, showing the knives in its mouth.

I stared right back at it with a stone dead glare, "You're messing with the wrong person, wolfie. Mark my words."

As if wolfie had understood me, it walked in a dangerous posture behind me, giving me a murdering glare with its crazy eyes that were drilling in the back of my head.

If it weren't for those fifteen feet over the ground, I would've been dead meat - heck, I would be beyond dead.

God, do I hate the Universe.

And as if the Universe and God had heard my words, it replied with another 'trick' in their sleeve.

"Hello?" An all too familiar voice spoke through the dangerous silence, causing me to whip my head to meet the brown eyes that belonged to the boy I had been running away from.

You've got to be kidding me.

"Oh, no. . ." I muttered hopelessly, watching Ethan's face light up like the sun in a shadowed night. "This is seriously not my day."

"After all this time," he shook his head with a chuckle dancing in the air. "I finally found you at last," he walked forward, unaware of the murderous beast hiding behind me. "Who knew that the mysterious girl would get stuck in a tree?" He gave me an amused smile, crossing his buff arms in front of his chest.

I covered my annoyance with a cheeky smile, "And who knew that the prince would get eaten by a wolf?"

He furrowed his eyebrows.

"What?"

As a cue, the black-furred animal jumped from the behind with a loud bark and landed in front of Ethan. The wolf's actions startled the prince, which almost made him trip over his own feet while backing up.

"Okay, maybe you're not stuck in a tree but are staying there - willingly." The nervousness in Ethan's voice was evident, and he looked at the wolf and me, keeping his hands up in surrender as the dangerous animal growled and walked slowly towards him.

I almost laughed. "No, shit!"

As if the wolf had learned its previous lesson, it lunged with a loud growl at the brown-haired boy before he could run away. I didn't even get the chance to warn him. But fortunately for Prince Ethan, though, he had quick reflexes and ducked just in time.

Hurriedly, he scrambled to his feet, sprinting towards the tree I was sitting on.
It was like a race between the man and the beast, and to be honest, I didn't know who I was cheering on.

Before the wolf could take a royal bite, Ethan was already climbing, his arms gripping the branches effortlessly. Although he got himself up with ease, there were still drops of sweat that dripped from his forehead.