Part One - Who Are You Looking For?

*~Max's POV~*

"Well, Chronos. I promised you would get part of the Mother Stone, so here." The monster looked at me and said, "Thank you for freeing me."

            "I await your orders, Elf King." I said boldly. Oh, yes. My name is Max Griffin. My childhood was very relentless. That was fifty years ago. Now I am taking Prince Trellis' place. We, and by that I mean the Elf Army and I, have traveled to the Ice Prison of Korthan to free a deep-rooted colleague. But, there are some blockages in our way from total and absolute power. A fellow classmate of mine, Vigo, has developed a plan to stop me: Emily Hayes. She plans to stop me no mater what it may take. We met in the training academy, where we were the last two standing. She had thought I had died, but she quickly changed her thoughts when Trellis had joined her.

            "Start the trek by getting Frontera. Attack rapidly, obligate with no humanity... and do not let one stayer follow you. There is to be a guard waiting upon your arrival in Stengard." I shook my head in a timely manner, for I was on an important mission. I had to do what was dead-on. Abolish Emily.

*~Emily's POV~*

     He's not ready, I thought. Trellis was a stonekeeper. He has to be ready for when we fight The Elf King, let alone a little fight with Max. I snuck up behind him.

            "Emily, hold on!" he wailed.

"My hypothesis was correct. You have to shape up to go against your father," I said. It sounded science-y; too science-y for me, at least, but it was the best I could do. Just then Trellis saw a young girl, not an Elf girl, but a human girl, and she looked desperate. He pointed her out.

            "He—" Trellis stopped. She began to look at him. Her face read, "Shut up. I was going to talk to the girl with the red amulet." I began to speak. "Hello. My name is Emily Hayes, and this is Trellis." She smiled... well, sort of.

"Hi," she spoke in a quiet voice. "You don't happen to know where..." She suddenly stopped and bit her lip. Trellis, curious as expected, asked, "Where what?"

            "Never mind," she said this like she was in a hurry. Leon had been following her. "Emily. Trellis. Who is this?'"

            "We don't exactly know," I replied. I spoke to the mysterious girl, who happened to be looking for something—or someone. "What's your name?"

            "Rosailia Greas." She spoke like we were old friends. Trellis was still being nosy.

            "What are you looking for?" he said.

            "Not what, who. I'm looking for, a... childhood friend."

            "Who is that?"

            "I'm sure that Emily knows him. But when he had to escape—" I cut her off.

            "Are you saying what I think your saying? You're looking for..." I began, and then Trellis continued.

            "Max?" She blushed, and twirled her hair, biting her lip.

            "Um... yeah." I could see the red in her cheeks crystal clear now.

            "We must get you to Vigo. He will help you." I could see her eyes drift into the sky when a large mountain monster flew above us. She smiled, for she had seen something she dearly loved: it was Max.