Annoying Employee [04]

Sasuke's POV

"Really?"

"Really."

"You wanna go there?"

"Oh I wanna go there."

"That was forever ago."

"But you promised."

"I was like six years old!"

"Ah yes, when you were nice."

I growled at my older brother. His face was smug and arms crossed over his chest.

"I'm not doing that, Itachi." I huffed and looked at him.

"But... But... Why won't you do the chicken dance?" He pouted ever so slightly.

"I'm 24 years old, don't you think I'm a little too old for that?" I stood up from the foot of the bed and walked to the table.

"One is never too old for the chicken dance." He replied with a matter-of-fact voice.

I rolled my eyes and smiled slightly. I poured the cool water into the cup then turned to face my brother.

His gaze was focused on the window, looking out into Konoha. I walked over to him and tapped his shoulder.

"Stay hydrated."

Itachi scoffed and took the cup from my hand. He took a drink and I sat next to him on the bed.

I enjoyed the time we spent together, even if it was just us breathing the same air. His presence calmed me enough.

"So what's up with you?" Itachi broke the silence.

I turned my attention to him and thought about recent events.

"You still haven't explained that bruise."

I chuckled slightly and my fingers grazed upon it. The pain was dull now and the bruise was still there but it was smaller now.
"Oh right..." I smiled slightly as I held the left side of my jaw.

"You look awfully fond of that bruise." Itachi muttered.

I glanced at him and smirked. I removed my hand from my jawline and turned to face him.

"I was punched by a girl that just happened to be my new employee." I stated plainly, this had already sunk in.

Itachi choked on his water and began to laugh. I rolled my onyx orbs and smirked.

"Well why did she punch you?" He managed to get out.

"Ano... It's an awkward situation." I made up an excuse not to tell.

"Life is an awkward situation, little brother." Was his smart ass reply. "Now tell me what you did to deserve that bruise."

I bit the inside of my bottom lip and hesitated to tell him the truth, it was a little embarrassing after all.

"Well..... I went to the park a--"

"Uchiha-san, it's time for your chemotherapy." A blonde nurse came in with a wheel chair.

I looked at Itachi and his smiled shrunk in size but it was still there.

"Maybe next time, Sasuke." He poked my forehead with his middle and index finger.

I groaned and he chuckled a bit. I stood from the bed and the nurse moved the wheelchair closer.

"You sound be getting to work now, wouldn't want you to be late on my account."