Chapter Twelve

(Not entirely proof read  but people have been waiting a long time for this and i really wanted to update before I got too sucked into work again - feel free to leave me messages with corrections and/or advice for when i edit another day - thanks! Enjoy!)

Chapter Twelve:

I didn’t see Jayden the next day. Okay so that’s a lie. I did see him. From a distance, and only ever crowded by his friends. Things were back to normal. They were back to being the way that they should have always been.

He didn’t once try to talk to me; he didn’t even so much as look my way.

It took me a while to realise that he was upset with me. I’d expected him to do what he always did. He was meant to give me when of his stupid smiles and then tell me a stupid joke in an attempt to make me smile. The same way he had done whenever we disagreed about something.

I sighed trying to brush the thought away. He actually wasn’t meant to do anything like that. He was meant to be keeping a distance from me. I’d told him to leave me alone so many times in that past few weeks. It shouldn’t bother me so much that he had actually listened to me.

Except it did.

It bothered me a lot.

I’d grown used to him hounding me about being my friend. I’d even started to enjoy the attention he had been giving me. But that was stupid.

I didn’t deserve that attention. It was so wasted on me. I knew that it wouldn’t last, and I was right. That’s why it had been so goddamned idiotic of me to have become attached to it.

I was so stupid.

I missed having him around. The whole day just seemed to take even longer than usual. I just wanted to hide away from the world. I should have just stayed home.

As soon as I thought it I wanted to take it back.

Great one guy stops talking to me and I’m already ready to start running away like a child.

I pinched the bridge of my nose, willing the developing headache to go away, when it didn’t work I let out a loud sigh, leaning my head against the back wall of the school, just under the archway in the courtyard, protected from the falling rain.

This was how it was meant to be. I was meant to be alone.

I pulled my knees to my chest, trying to ignore the stabbing pains there. Pressing my lips into a thin line I tucked my face into the crook of my elbow.

I should be grateful that he was leaving me alone. I shouldn’t want to have him here with me.

I don’t need him here with me.

What I needed to do was snap out of it. What if someone saw me like this? Curled up on the ground? Acting like a child?

-_-

Eleven Years Ago:

“What are you doing Kayleigh?” My mother hissed between her teeth, as she wrapped a strong, manicured hand tightly around my arm dragging me forcefully to my feet.

“I-I-” I blubbered out through my tears. Her hand was crushing my arm on an already formed bruise I had gotten the night before.

“We’re in public!” She said annoyed. “Stop acting like such a baby. You’re six for crying out loud! What were you doing all curled up on the floor crying?” She asked with clear distain in her voice.