Year Three: Part Two

[[A/N: REMEMBER TO VOTE ON THE PROLOGUE, THE PROLOGUE, THE PROLOGUE! Thank you!]]

Year Three: Part Two

I groaned quietly, rolling over and pulling the blankets over my head as I did so. The other third year girls didn't bother being quiet even knowing that I was still trying to sleep. I didn't want to go anywhere, I simply wanted to stay in bed, nice and warm while everyone else went to Hogsmeade and froze.

“Chamille?” A voice hovered directly over my bed, and I squinted through the early morning light to make out who it was. “Tom Riddle is in the hall in front of the entrance waiting for you.”

My nose scrunched together, and I thought of all the reasons Tom could possibly be waiting for me, yet I came up empty handed. Why in the world was Tom Riddle outside the Common Room waiting for me?

I cringed internally at the thought of having to get up but regardless, I thanked the girl and threw the blanket off to the side and slowly slid to the edge of the bed before standing up. Hopefully this would be worth it, I thought as I yawned heavily. I blushed, staring around to make sure nobody saw that bit of improperness and sighed thankfully that all the others had left.

I'd surely be punished if an adult had seen it.

As quickly as possible I dressed, throwing on a brand new dress my mother demanded my father to buy so I wouldn't look like a 'common street rat' when I returned to school.

It was a baby green color, frill-less and with just a tiny bit of lace around the sleeves, but I loved it. I loved it because it was a gift from Father and Mother. I smiled at the feel of the underdress I wore pressing onto my skin because of the dresses heavy-ness, and the feel of the heavy cloth against my arms.

Who cared if it was just a wee bit too tight? If it was especially hard to breath, then I would just not over-exert myself and breath shallow. This was my dress, and it was beautiful.

Father suggested perhaps losing weight and to stop eating so much, but even after the least amount of food it was possible to eat yet still survive with all summer, the dress was too small.

I shook my head, throwing my complaints as far to the back of my mind as was possible. I should be happy to have something so new, it was a present and I was so ungrateful to be complaining, even if it was just in my mind.

I twisted my hair into a simple green ribbon before slipping on my shoes and walking quickly through the small corridor that led to the Common Room.

Just as my fellow Hufflepuff had told me, Tom waiting patiently outside the Common Room. “Tom? What are you doing here?”

“We're going to Hogsmeade,” he replied cooly, and as my father always taught me, I didn't argue, instead following him to the Great Hall for breakfast. I stared down at my green slippers, just realizing exactly how frozen my feet would be with them on as I walked across the beautiful snowy ground. The shoes were thin, barely an inch worth of fabric to them. But Tom wanted to go to Hogsmeade, and he was my best friend... I'd do anything for him.

I'd been sitting down for only a few moments when I realized that Tom had sat with me. He'd never done that before, always opting to sit with fellow Slytherin's but today...today was different.

We ate together in companionable silence, until suddenly I heard a clatter and felt something rather slimy and cold dribbling down my hair, onto my green dress.

“I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!” A small second year Gryffindor cried out as he stopped to clean up the mess.

I was about to easily accept his apology when I noticed something absolutely horrible. The food that splattered on me, got onto my dress, staining the beautiful fabric that was a gift from my parents.

I stood up quickly, my eyes watering as I thought of how I'd ruined the dress, how angry Father and Mother would be... I'd get into so much trouble!

Sniffing, I looked to Tom who was too busy glaring at the boy to pay me much attention before running back to my own Common Room. What would I do now? That was my only dress that still fit modestly, and I hadn't even worn it for an hour before I ruined it!

I ruined it...

I began crying the moment I made it into my dorm room, glad that everyone else was eating in the Great Hall, and began to change out of my dress. Big fat tears rolled down my face, making my cheeks itch and my eyes burn, and while I did my best to abate them, they wouldn't stop. I fell into bed after changing, clinging onto a pillow and sobbing into it.

Finally, I suppose, I fell asleep.

* * *

“Did you hear what happened to him,” one of my roommates whispered to the girl across from her. It was past curfew, yet I'd not once left my room since this morning. Everyone thought I still slept peacefully, and I was glad that I wasn't the one being gossiped about.

“No, I just know that whoever he was, he was a Gryffindor...” the neighboring girl answered.

“A poor little second year at that! I heard he was tortured while he was in Hogsmeade. He wont talk about it, wont even open his mouth! At the slightest mention of what happened, he bursts into tears!” The first girl explained, getting slightly louder as she went.

“That's just horrible!”

“Isn't it? I wonder who could have ever done such a thing...”

Their gossiping drifted off, as did my consciousness.

* * *

The next morning, even more students seemed to be talking about the little second year that got bullied and tortured.

During breakfast, the Headmaster stood up to make an announcement.

“Let it known that it is now prohibited for first and second years to go to Hogsmeade, and that from here forth, each student will need their parent's or guardian's express permission in attending the Hogsmeade trips. Many of you already have heard what happened to Daniel Harpington and because of the circumstance in which he was injured, I must make sure that only those prepared to protect themselves and others are permitted to leave the school.”

I grimaced at the thought of what the poor boy must have went through, being tortured and whatnot. It must have been absolutely horrid, and I didn't blame him for not speaking about it, chances were I'd never speak again if something of such magnitude had happened to me.

Many groaned at the new rules, though most of the noise came from third years and above at having to get permission for leaving school premises. I believe that most younger students were relieved to have a reason not to go, and I thought that the new rules were extremely fair.

Later that day, Tom and I stood outside near the Black Lake, discussing the little second year Gryffindor.

“I feel so sorry that the poor boy had to go through that, he must have felt so helpless..so alone..” I muttered, feeling my eyes water. I knew that feeling all too well.

Tom sneered, his eyes hardening. “It was the boy who made you cry yesterday... he probably deserved what he got!”

I gasped, the image of the innocent little boy who cried while apologizing to me flashing through my mind. “It was an accident Tom! He didn't deserve something like that!”

“He was a blubbering fool of a Gryffindor,” Tom snapped, and I dropped the subject, not eager to make him angry once again...