The Way Tom Is

[[A/N: I know, I know... I FINALLY PUT THIS BOOK BACK!  The quotes in this prologue are directly from Wikipedia.  I do not own the characters in this story, or the major happenings, those rights belond to JK Rowling!  This won't be uploaded very often, will have a bit of oddness, romance and will be written in the perspective of my own character, Chamille Rhodes.  Please vote if you would like more of this and enjoy!  This will be done in years, Year One, Year Two, etc...some years will take longer to write about (5-7) while 1-4 wont take as long...]]

Prologue:

"I remember she said to me 'I hope he looks like his papa', and I won't lie she was right to hope it, because she was no beauty — and then she told me he was to be named Tom, for his father, and Marvolo, for her father — yes, I know, funny name, isn't it? We wondered whether she came from a circus — and she said the boy's surname was to be Riddle. And she died soon after that without another word."  ----- Mrs. Cole tells Dumbledore what Merope Gaunts last words were.

Dear Tom was born in the latest month of 1926 to Merope Gaunt, after she had realeased her husband, Tom Riddle Senior, from the enchantment of a love potion.  Poor Merope died not long after having a beautiful baby boy, whom she demanded be named after his father and grandfather.

The boy grew up in a muggle orphanage full of bullies who called him a freak.  At the age of eleven, he was already a nasty creature and when a man named Dumbledore came to visit him, that was made all to clear, unfortunately, nobody thought anything of it at the time.

"I can make things move without touching them. I can make animals do what I want them to do, without training them. I can make bad things happen to people who are mean to me. I can make them hurt if I want to...I can speak to snakes too. They find me, whisper things. "

---- Eleven Year old Tom Riddle to Albus Dumbledore

The orphanage was a dingy place, and as far as anyone knew, he had no idea of his half-blood heritage, but he did have an astounding grasp on his powers already for a child his age and an amazing amount of control over said abilities.  From being able to control animals, Parseltongue and moving things with just his mind, Tom Riddle the second was already advanced in the art of Wizardry.

"His powers...were surprisingly well-developed for such a young wizard and — most interestingly and ominously of all — he had already discovered that he had some measure of control over them, and begun to use them consciously...they were not the random experiments typical of young wizards: He was already using magic against other people, to frighten, to punish, to control."    ---Albus Dumbledore talking about Tom’s Magical capabilities. 

As Dumbledore explained to him about Hogwarts, Tom was sure that he was simply a doctor or psychiatrist, and so the Headmaster was forced to use a Flame-Freezing charm in order to demonstrate that he was not a doctor of any sort and to prove that witches and wizards are real.  

Surprisingly, Tom was not at all surprised to be a wizard, in fact he very much liked the idea of being different.  He hated being similar to so many people, one of the reasons he hated his own name, as it was such a common name and he was eager to find that he had powers that not many other people did.

That is where the story truly begins.  When Tom Riddle finally went to Hogwarts.