Vampire and Slayer-(12 Flowers)

chapter 12 already...geez....this IS one of my favs. I absolutely adore it. so read on(and yes, all definitions are real)

playlist: is in the external link section

song: Won't Go Home Without You by Maroon 5

***********************************

Chapter 12

Flowers

Monday was the first day I found flowers. I was walking to my locker, April trailing behind chattering about homework, when I heard her gasp. "What?" I asked, whirling around too fast.

She jumped at my speed. "Aerie! You have to quit doing that!" she exclaimed startled.

"Sorry," I mumbled. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Just look at your locker! Someone left you flowers!" she cheered and towed me to the bouquet. She pulled them out of the vent of the locker and thrust them to me, excited. "Who are they from?"

"I can only guess," I muttered, knowing.

"There's a piece of paper tied to it! Read it!" she bounced up and down, excited.

The flowers were fuchsias and I knew who sent them. I didn't need to read a card to know that. I read the paper anyways.

In a neat, proper, English man's son's script, there were the words:

Fuchsia-Amiability. You give me happiness. Don't push me away.

My eyes filled with tears. I shoved them away and willed myself to be angry. Angry. I had to be angry. He was pushing me over the edge. Did he want me to go insane and try to kill him again? It had only been a week. I wasn't sure if I was able to control myself with him trying so hard yet. I was already beating myself up enough on my own as it was. I didn't need his help too.

"So-o-o, who are they from?" April asked extending the short word.

"Ben," I muttered and opened my locker.

"Ben?" she asked suddenly confused. "Didn't you guys break-up? Or stop whatever you had going?" she amended when she saw me go ridged.

"Yes."

"Then why is he still sending you flowers like you're his girlfriend?" I watched her study me in peripheral vision as I traded texts books.

I hesitated before I answered. "Because he wants me back," I thrust the bouquet at her so she could read the card.

I let her have her privacy as she read it and didn't pay attention to what I could have seen out of the corner of my eye. And then she was hugging me. Her hands were rubbing my hair, back, and cheeks. "Hey, whatever he's done to make you break-up with him, you never told me, and I'm asking you too, it has to be bad. Don't cry." I didn't actually realize I was until she said anything. I then attempt to wipe my eyes. She leaned back a little but still kept her eyes on my face, her hands on my upper arms.

I laughed a tired, embarrassed chuckle and choked, "God, look at me! I'm balling like a baby. Don't let my tears get your day down."

"Don't worry. You're not. Cheer up, Sweetie. It can't get much worse."

I didn't say anything, but I knew that that short five word sentence was oh, so untrue. It could get worse. It could get a whole hell of a lot worse. And it would, I just hadn't realized it yet.

"Excuse me," Ben's voice murmured. I closed my eyes, trying to put him out of my mind. It didn't work in the least.

"Yes?" April growled, repositioning herself so I was partially behind her. If I had been in a better mood, I would have laughed at her possessiveness.