Getting Caught

*Darren's Pov*

"Damn, those  girls run fast!" Ethan pants, huddled over his knees, trying to catch his breath.

We been chasing Jaz, and Cam all over campus for about an hour in total. I underestimated Camille's cunning mind. As soon as the pencil hit my head I should have ran to get her and Jaz, but I decided to be an idiot, and build the tension, which, in turn, gave her just enough time to figure out a plan of escape. I knew as soon as she and Jaz dipped through the classrooms that we wouldn't catch up to them anytime soon. I know I'll have to formulate another plan to catch them. It's not like Camille would actually leave campus. She's too afraid of getting caught this early in the day, so she'll remain on campus. I just have to find where she is hiding.

"Yeah, Camille used to live in La Bronx, and Jaz runs track." I reply.

Actually there was another reason for Jaz's great skills in running, but I couldn't tell him that yet. It wasn't my secret to tell. I just wish she felt more comfortable about it. 

"Camille used to live in La Bronx?!" Ethan gasps.

I can't help, but let out an amused chuckle. That's everyone's reaction when they find out Camille comes from La Bronx. I completely understand, but it's still funny. No one could ever guess that insecure, sweet little Camille could be from some violent place such as La Bronx, but she is indeed from there. I remember the first time she told me she was from La Bronx. I nearly did a spit take, I was so surprised.

"Has she ever, you know... Been arrested?" Ethan asks.

I'm stuck. I'm not too sure I should tell him about it or not. I mean, that's Camille's secret to tell, not mine.

"You can ask her when we find her." I answer

"If we find her." Ethan mumbles.

"Oh, we'll find her, trust me." I smirk confidently.

Just then, I hear a slight giggle echo out from the other end of the hall, and immediately recognize it as Jaz's nervous laugh. Even she has doubts about getting out of this scotch free. If not, she's not too bright.

Without a sound, I tap Ethan's shoulder, and gesture toward the location of the giggle. With a curt nod, he quickly complies, and we start towards the guy's locker.

Just before we reach the locker room Ethan pulls me back into a small space.

"Why would they be in the locker room?" Ethan whispers

That was a short thought in my mind until I thought back to something Jaz and Camille had told me a long time ago

"When looking for someone of importance, always expect the unexpected"

That was when I knew Camille would be hiding where I'd least expect them to be. Hence, my suspicion that that is where they are hiding out.

"Because, I wouldn't expect that." I whisper back, continuing my slow journey to the locker room.

*Camille's Pov*

We've been running around this damn campus for an hour. Darren and Ethan have been hot on our trail since we escaped their grasp by running through the adjoined classrooms, but they don't know that. We've been extremely careful with our movements, and noise making.

"Yeah, Camille used to live in La Bronx, and Jaz runs track." Darren pants.

That was so not his secret to tell, but whatever, it isn't like I'm ashamed of it or anything.

"Do you think he'll tell him about me?" Jaz asks nervously.

Honestly, I don't think he will. He has always been mindful of Jaz's discomfort on the subject.