Monster

Chapter 22

Chapter 22

For days and nights on end, Katerina laid in darkness with nothing but the off-beat of her heartbeat to keep her company. She would lay there listening to it beat then it would stall out and eventually stop. It did that over and over again leaving Katerina more confused than ever. When she tried to pry open her eyes, she found that she physically couldn't, it was like they were sealed shut. She couldn't move any part of her body. She couldn't feel anything. Not the cool concrete slab beneath her backside, the chill to her skin, nothing but the weak rhythm of her heart.

She knew she should have been petrified that she couldn't move or see or even feel, but she wasn't. She felt nothing; not even a calming feeling. She wasn't sure if she was barely clinging to life or if she was dead. Perhaps she was in a coma? She had read that people in comas could hear but was unable to speak or move. Maybe she was already dead and this is what the afterlife felt like. She hoped not. Though, any afterlife without Viktor would be a good afterlife.

Minutes later her body twitched with life and no longer then a second passed before she heard the scraping of something heavy above her and could only assume that she was inside of something like a mausoleum. Footsteps circled her all the while training their eyes upon her. No more than a second later, a familiar smell wafted through the air, touching her senses. It smelled like a mixture of icy mint with a hint of...the only way to describe it would be darkness. She knew it had to be him. There was no one else who smelt of frigid cold.

She sensed him before she felt his touch on her throat almost as if checking for any signs that she was alive and usually, a heartbeat was a good indicator of that, but unfortunately, Katerina had no heartbeat, therefore she had no pulse. She could feel him leaning in real close, invading her personal space like he must have missed her heart beating. Her eyes flew open and the confused, but surprised expression on Viktor's face almost made her laugh, and she would have, if she didn't hate him so much.

She could feel it deep inside of her, it's just beneath the skin, she hated what she had become, the darkness was just beginning, slowly consuming her, she felt like a monster. She knew what she was feeling wasn't normal. It wasn't...human. Shooting out of—what she now saw was a marble coffin—she stood toe to toe with Viktor. Anger was soaring through her veins making her body hum, the anger slowly turning into rage, her body was singing with it.

"What have you done to me?!?"

"Well, I'm sure you aren't that stupid, Katerina. Be that," he poked his large index finger against her forehead before continuing, "clever little Darlin I know you to be."

Katerina went to speak but was cut off by a white noise (like static on tv) as it deafened her hearing, her vision began to dim before it went completely. She couldn't think for the hazey film covering her thoughts, devouring her blackened vision before it flowed through her body like blood. Her body tensed at the new unfamiliar feeling, and she gasped, clutching her skull between the palms of her hands as image after image rushed though her mind at impossible speeds.

The images were of Viktor and herself.  She was watching the scene play out from a third perspective and that's when she noticed just how robotic her moves looked even though she wore a seductive smirk on her lips. She knew exactly what Viktor had done to her. Compelling was an atrocious ability and Vampires should be executed if found using the power on innocent victims. He was forcing her against her will to...

God, I don't want to see this. Fucking monster.

Viktor had Katerina at his every sick and twisted need, he had glamoured her into forceful sex. She was his sex slave, his blood slave and was at his beckon call like a dog, wagging her invisible tail. Disgusting douchebag. She may have looked like he was rocking her world as her face contorted into mock ecstasy, but she knew deep within that she had to have been filled with disgust and nausea. She could never enjoy anything that disgusting pig did to her especially not that.