Being Human (part 2)

Viktor

Viktor stayed up the rest of the night contemplating on how to go about this time sensitive,  delicate plan. He wanted to walk to her house and demand she tell him how to remove this wretched curse, but he wasn't that foolish. Hours of thinking up a solution had passed and before he'd realized it, the sun had began to rise. Viktor hissed in pain from the deadly rays of the sun and jumped to the darkest corner of his chambers out of habit, only to realize the sun never burned his skin.

He was human now, the sun had no effect on him whatsoever. Viktor scowled pinching his eyebrows together and stood slowly, pacing his room but avoided the ray of the sun. He stated each time he passed, wondering what the streamers of light would feel like on his skin. It had been so long since he'd been in sunlight. He'd forgotten what it felt like. And he hated himself for it. He hated that he wanted to feel the sun. He hated that his stomach growled, craving nutrients. He hated being human and the emotions that came with it.

Slowly, he crept over to the sliver of light that was peeking through his blackened out curtains and slid his fingers in its warmth. An odd and unfamiliar feeling enveloped him. Viktor had a split second of....'Awe'... And as quick as it had came, he had pushed it to the farthest recesses of his mind, a frustrated glint in his eyes.

A moment of weakness. Hell no. Viktor knew he couldn't do this human thing alone, he would need special help and he knew just where to get it. He rose from his chair and rang for Stormy, the dark witch. She could explain what the hell was going on.

She knocked before he granted her access inside. He couldn't see her face or any part of her skin. From head to toe she was covered in black gothic clothing. A black veil covered her face, lace long sleeved shirt and a long flowing skirt that met just above her ankles. She wore black combat boots with silver buckles, a silver chain looped from her ear to her nose, (or so he assumed) and a silver crucifix laid on her chest.

She looked very intimidating to most, but for him, he wasn't afraid of her. She was bound to him. A deal was struck for saving her life. He only spared her because he thought she could be of use to him—and as it turns out—she was.

She circled him, he could feel her gaze on him, examining him closely though he could not see past the veil. Her combat boots clacked against the floors loudly with each step she took. The wait was killing him. He was impatient. The longer he remained human, the chances of retaliation from his enemies rose. He was a target. He was sure that by now, rumors had been spread that The Prince of Vampires was human. If his enemies came for him, there was little he could do physically. He only had the protection of Stormy, not his parents, not himself, just her.

"Well? Stop evaluating me and tell me what's happened and how to fix it."

His ice blue eyes flicked to where hers would be, waiting for her response.

"You're human, Master Viktor. I'm afraid you've consumed a potion specifically created to turn Vampires into human. The good news is that you will be immune from it from now on. Once you've drank the transformation potion, you cannot be affected by it again."

Her voice was sickly sweet, smooth as ice.

"And the bad news?" His brow arched and he sighed taking his seat again, crossing his ankle over his knee and leaned back against the head of the chair. How bad could it be? He was already human. Surely, he couldn't be worse than that.

"You're to remain human for one month. When the thirty days is up, you'll turn back."

His mouth dropped and he stood running his hands angrily through his hair muttering curses. "Remove it. Now." He turned to face her with steely blue eyes, his features hard.