Chapter 10

I couldn't help it. I screamed. I don't know why I did. I'll admit I wasn't expecting Ruby to get out so soon. Naive, I know.

 "Kitty, aren't you happy?" She smiled at me.

"Not particularly..." I commented, stepping away from her.

"Back off, demon!!!" Billy shouted, holding up a small cross he took out from his pocket.

Ruby hissed. Then she burst out laughing.

"Omygawd, you are an idiot." She smiled, "That's for vampires."

She extended her hand to him and the cross flew out of his hand and straight to hers. She looked at it and smiled again.

"Ah.... the first thing I've touched.... I really did miss it." She looked up at me, "didn't you miss me?" 

Ruby looked almost sad, normal. If it weren't for the fact that I watched her kill Angel and use some sort of magic to get the cross from Billy, I would have definitely gone to her and given her a hug. I knew better, though. 

"Well, since it looks like you're not gonna talk..... I might as well finish what I came here to do."

Ruby aimed her hand at Billy and lifted him into the air. He struggled and made choking sounds.

"I don't need you right now.... I am however going to enjoy killing you later...." She smirked. 

She lifted her hand and Billy flew to the ceiling. Suddenly, Billy fell and hit the ground hard. I looked at him confused and realized he was chanting something. Out of nowhere, a staff with a cresent moon shaped head appeared. Billy grabbed it and aimed it at Ruby.

"Now where did you get that?" Ruby asked curiously.

"I see you recognize it!" Billy said, triumphantly, "The Staff of Ronove... The demon that steals souls.... Legend has it, this staff can strip a witches powers and steal her soul...." Billy smiled. "We win."

"Eh!!" She buzzed, the sound of getting the wrong answer. "Nope. You see, Billy Boy, that staff only works when you have this!" She pulls out a star pendant necklace and holds it over her head.

Billy's eyes widened. 

"How did---?"

"I'm done with you!" Ruby said in a monotone voice.

She took the staff from him and threw it at the window. The crash of glass made me move. I sprinted out the door and made my way across the kitchen. When I got through the front door, Ruby appeared in front of me. I fell back on the lawn and looked up at her.

"Hell really is nice. And I told Lucifer to be nice to you." She smiled. 

Ruby grabbed my arm just as Billy came at her from behind. I don't know how she did it, but one moment she's in front of me and the next she's behind him. Billy didn't have time to regain his composure. She lifted her leg and kicked his shoulder. He collapsed, and by the looks of it, his shoulder didn't look so good.

"Sneaking up on people..." She sucked in a breath, disappointed, "...that only works in the movies, and this is real life." She smirked.

I stood up as I couldn't believe what I was seeing. She had ice swirling around her left hand and fire in the other.

"That's impossible!" Bill exclaimed as he tried to get up, "You can't control two elements at once!... I know what you are now! An illusionist. You're making yourself look more powerful than you really are!" 

"Really!?" She aimed her hand at him.

Billy's eyes widened and he dodged the ice beam she had thrown at him. However, he was still scathed. His eyes were on the blink of tears as he looked at his already injured arm, there was a huge gash and it looked like he had frost bite on it, the way it turned purple. There were tiny snowflakes even in the wound.