Chapter 4

As we walked back to my house, I took that time to admire Billy. He'd certainly grown since the last time we'd seen each other. Back in middle school, he was tall and scrawny with dirty blond hair. Now, he was toned out and his height was just perfect.I loved the way he had his hair cut. Part of his bangs fell over his left eye just right, giving him a bad boy look. He'd dyed his hair black and I kind of missed his blond hair. Suddenly, I mentally smacked myself. I see the guy for the first time after about 4 years and I'm already going gaga over him.

"We should go through the window to your bedroom." He suggested.

"Alright, it's this way." I motioned towards the back of the house.

"Do you have a mirror in your room?"

"Not a full length, why?" 

"That's fine." He said and followed me to the back of the house.

The window was locked. Without a moment hesitation, Billy took off his jacket and wrapped it around his hand, then quickly punched the window. 

"Come on, there's no time to lose." He said as he knocked away shards of glass and hoisted me up.

Once he was inside, Billy wasted no time getting his materials out. He set out candles and a book. 

"I need you to focus, okay Kat?"

But, I wasn't listening, I was looking at the knife in his hand. 

"What on earth are you planning on doing with that?" I shrieked.

"This is a special knife. It will kill her while she's still in the mirror."

"…okay, I'm trusting you." I finally gave in.

"Do you see Ruby?" Billy asked as he took out a small mirror from his backpack.

"Yeah, duh!" I commented as Ruby smiled at me.

"Good," Billy said.

He lit a few candles and made me sit opposite him. 

"Well, well. Billy, huh? I was wondering when I would see him again. He's gotten cuter hasn't he Kat?"

"Shut up!" I managed to squeal.

"What did she say?" Billy asked as he looked up from the book he was flipping through.

"Nothing."

"Oh come on Kitty, why don't you tell him? Tell him how much you love his new look…" Ruby's voice began to change into a gentle whisper that soothed as she continued, "Tell him that you'd like to----"

Her whispered voice trailed off as she continued to whisper dirty things. Suddenly, I felt like kissing Billy.

"Billy!--" I managed to say before I leaned forward.

"Wha--?" He gasped as my lips found his.

We kissed. At first, he was surprised and tried to push me off, but it was as if some unseen force had taken control of my body and I didn't let him. We kissed long and hard until I tasted his blood. While we were kissing I'd grabbed the knife and slit his throat. 

His eyes became wide as he tried to breathe. His hands went up to control the bleeding, but I grabbed them and pinned them by his head. 

"I told you I would kill you," I said.

Except I didn't sound like myself. The voice that was supposed to be mine wasn't, it was Ruby's voice that left my throat. I stood up and looked at Billy's lifeless body and suddenly I collapsed.

*******************************************************************

My headache was the pain that exploded me awake. As I sat up slowly, I tried to remember what happened. Billy's lifeless body reminded me of the horrifying event that took place. I began to shake uncontrollably as I kept staring at him wondering what the hell happened to me.

"Surprised?"

"YOU! YOU DID THIS!" I finally pieced together.

"Yeah. I'm very powerful now Kitty. I can do almost anything. Soon, I'll be able to leave the mirror."

"I won't let you!" I shrieked and smashed the handheld mirror.

"Aww, come on Kitty. I've been wanting to hug you for a long time now."

"Shut. Up."

"Hehehe…. oh Kitty," She chuckled, "You can't do anything to stop me now." 

I gasped. I ran out of the bedroom and down the hall. Then opened the front door as she yelled at me telling me I couldn't do anything. There was only one place I could go to feel normal now.