Chapter 5

A deep sigh escaped the man's lips as the cold air tickled his skin when he walked down the colums. He looked around, taking in the scene. Two white, shriveled up roses lay at the base of the stone. A thin layer of white flakes covered up everything in sight, as more flakes fell from the clouds above. He pulled his coat closer, trapping in what heat he had left. He didn't know that he had a presence with him here today. He didn't know that it still watched over him.

     He didn't know what it was like to die, and truthfully he didn't want to find out. But he knew his time was soon to come. He could feel it creepig up close to him, watching him in the shadows. Nothing could take away the feelings he felt right now; regret, sorrow, a tinge of happiness, and guilt. He knew that everything had been his fault. He had made horrible disicions that day. But he couldn't take it back now. All he could do was wish that the small, fragile girl -wherever she may be- had the heart to forgive him for his sins.

     He was never caught for the murder he had commited. But at this moment, he wishes he had been. His anger flared. Seeing his reflection in the grave stone pissed him off. He glanced down one last time, as he walked away from the memories, away from the pain. Even though he was away, he still held the image of the small stone in his thoughts.

                                                               Elizabeth Elaine Harris

                                                                         1992- 2006

                                  Rest your soul in peace, for peace you will always keep.

     He laid now, wrapped comfortably in his bed. He couldn't help think that this is what the girl would have been doing right now. It had taken him years of therapy to even forget the thoughts for a minute. But they always seemed the come back, haunting his thoughts. His mind soon shut down into a restless sleep.

                      Josh ran now. He ran as fast as his legs would carry him. He didn't know why, or how, but something was pulling him towards the sight where everything happened. He had seen it before, and couldnt find anything. The cops had searched, too. But no one had found anything. And at that moment, he was crushed. But he had hope now. Something filled him with happiness, and made his lips curve up into a smile. His cheeks were bright red and he was struggling for air as he came to a stop.

     He looked around, searching for some kind of clue. The alley was dark, and it was hard seeing such things at this time of night. Then reality struck him. He wasn't going to find anything, he wasn't going to just solve the murder of her in a matter of minutes. 'This isn't a movie. Get yourself together.' He thought himself. The young boy sunk down. All of his fears came crushing down on him. He was here, at the sight where his worst nightmares had happened, on the date of August 27, the day that this world was blessed with her warm, caring smile. 

      He wished he hadn't come here. This was a big mistake. He scrambled away, leaving his tracks visable in the winter snow. Tracks of distress, you could tell. This sort of thing was weird, unheard of in this town. Everything was always quiet, so calm.

                                          Her fists were clenched shut. Tight. Her eyes were open, staring with anger. She had been screaming for hours on end, her voice more harsh than ever. She was pissed. Actually, that was an understatement. She was so completely pissed off that she wished she could kill him right here, right now.

     She had finally found him. the bastard who had taken her life away. She needed pay back, it was the only thing she craved. She brought her fist up, striking down hard on the man. Just as she had suspected, she fell right through him, leaving his body untouchable. She went through him first, then slowly, as time crawled to a stop for her, she fell through the rest of his home.

     She closed her eyes, taking a deep breath as her hair whipped around her. She thought about his face, he himself was confused, as if he wasn't quite noticing what he was doing. There was fear, anger, and sorrow. This man had been full of emotions. Confused, no doubt. But that didn't give him any excuse, did it? He knew what he was doing. But what if he didn't? What if his mind had been so clouded with thoughts, and fear, that he didn't know what he was doing? That didn't give him an excuse. How did she know he wasn't just some blood thirsty rapist, just like the others she had heard of on the television? There was no way that this man was innocent.

     But while he slept just now, and she was looming above him, she had seen distress. Being already dead, she could sort of see into people's souls, know who they really are. Her mind had been so clouded with anger that she hadn't even thought of looking to see if this man was truly sorry. She had made a mistake. He had, too. But she felt as if he was truly sorry. But how could she ever forgive him for what he had done? He had taken away her life. God damn it..

     She felt all anger draining away. All anger she had ever felt for that man, was gone. She had forgiven him.

     Elizabeth looked around. She found herself sitting comfortably in a tree. It didn't look as if a tree, but she could tell it was. All around her was white, for as far as the eye could see. This didn't look like her home. Or even earth, truthfully. She would have normally been scared to be in an unfamiliar place. But something came over her, and she felt calm.

     "Elizabeth." a hard, deep voice called from behind her. Her jaw instantly hit the floor.

     "Oh my Go-gosh."