Chapter 6

"Elizabeth." said the voice. "Turn around and face me." She didn't really want to, to tell you the truth. She wanted to leave. She wanted to run away and never come back. She didn't know where she was, and she didn't like the feeling. Around all this fear, there was some sort of comforting orb that locked it all in. She felt a warmth about the man. Something about him that she could trust.

      She spun around, and gazed into the man's eyes. "Y-yes?" She asked, afraid to just ignore him.

      "Where do you think you are, child?" The man fixed his silky white robe. 'Not a robe,' she thought. 'But something like the romans used to wear.. what are they called? A toga!' But unlike the one armed toga's the rominads once wore, somehow his looked more formal.

      "Honestly, I don't really know." She couldn't come up with a good lie. And after as big as a pause she left the man, she figured she better answer quick.

      "I am your father. I am the father of all. And I am here to take you home." She was suddenly filled with joy. She was going home? She was going to see her Josh again? She felt like leaping with joy.

      "Really?! I'm going to be alive again?!" She looked at the with excited eyes. But somehow... he could see a look of pleads. As if she were pleaded to him to let her live.

      The man let out a small chuckle. "No, child. I am going to bring you back to your real home." he said, turning and walking to where it seemed to be no destination. He suddeny turned around, motioning for her to fallow. She followed obediently, striding behind the man. He seemed old. With his pure white beard framing his face, and his strikingly dark brown eyes seemed stern. He looked only about 6'4, but something about him made him seem a lot bigger. He was basically all muscle, for a man of his age.

      Everything that was white, now turned into evergreen forests. She had never seen anything so beautiful. Trees stratched up towards the sky, extending their branches as if reaching for the heavens. It seemed like once a branch ended, another one had taken it's place, extending the line headed for the sky. In the middle of all these trees, and a quiet, peaceful river. The sunlight glistened upon it perfectly, creating the feeling as if it were sparkling with life. The river was alive with fish, jumping up and out of the water. wanting to catch a glimpse of to beings before them. She barely saw them over the tall grass that tickled her knees. She could see all this from so far away.

      Flowers springed up out of the ground, the perfect shades of any color. Purple, pink, white. Even orange! She picked a single white rose,scraping her fingernail along the stem to rid of the thorns. She gently places her rose behind her ear.

      "So... where exactly are we going?" She broke the silence, finally wanting some answers. Her eyes were filled with curiousity. She looked up at him, looking deep into his eyes.

      "We are going to Heaven." He stated simply, as if it were the easiest thing to comprehend to a soul.

      Shock overcame her every being. She stumbled back, her breath caught in her throat. "B-but I can't just yet." She wimpered truthfully. She didn't want to go to Heaven. not yet, anyway. She had to watch over her Josh, she promised him.

      The man looked taken back for a moment, but then recounted his thoughts. "Why not, Elizabeth?" He was truly curiouse. No one had ever rejected going to the Wonder-Land before.

      "I promised him." Sh elooked down at the ground, getting lost into her thoughts.

      She couldn't break her promis. She had broken enough promises to him already. Mostly the one about how they would both be together forever. She didn't want to lie to him again. he needed her, and she could tell.